Texas Fishing Forum

Who Has It??

Posted By: JavelinJ

Who Has It?? - 06/11/18 09:15 PM

Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/11/18 09:22 PM

Getting better and better at seeing what we can't catch.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/11/18 09:22 PM

Game changer. $$$$$ though.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/11/18 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
Getting better and better at seeing what we can't catch.

TRUTH roflmao
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/11/18 10:03 PM

Too old and too expensive for my wallet but man that is something. Like to ride in a boat with one of those just to see what's down there.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/11/18 10:09 PM

Garmin graphs already cost so much for a basic unit compared to others. I honestly feel like this is the only thing better then Humminbirds
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by txfour

I do. It is as good in real life as it shows on the videos. I've watched fish swim up to my lure and hit it or just stop and look at it. Seeing crappie in brushpiles, bass suspended beside a tree, and baitfish balls moving in real time is amazing.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 11:46 AM

I want to see some video of bass that are clearly bass. I've seen video of big fish in an aquarium. If it can clearly make out bass over 4lbs from a distance they are on to something. If not, 360 and humminbird mega is still better
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 05:21 PM

We have the original Panoptix and it was a game changer. This one will be coming soon, and I can’t wait!
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: mudd
Garmin graphs already cost so much for a basic unit compared to others. I honestly feel like this is the only thing better then Humminbirds

Really? You need to look again.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: mudd

roflmao

NO & NO!
Posted By: Mofishin1990

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 05:46 PM

Kinda takes the fishing part out of fishing, doesn't it? grin

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Mofishin1990

Not really, the guys that have all of this stuff spend all of their time idling around the lake staring at their graphs.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 06:46 PM

Not really, the guys that have all of this stuff spend all of their time idling around the lake staring at their graphs.

Lol.

There's many tourneys where I never even turn on my graphs. I think it spooks the fish. But, this new real time 360 stuff does seem pretty good.

Can't wait till 2020 when the images are infra red or even HDTV real images. The graph will even tell me what the fish will eat. .....can't wait.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 07:11 PM

When you get yours go ahead and get me a set.

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Lol.

There's many tourneys where I never even turn on my graphs. I think it spooks the fish. But, this new real time 360 stuff does seem pretty good.

Can't wait till 2020 when the images are infra red or even HDTV real images. The graph will even tell me what the fish will eat. .....can't wait.

I do the same, I leave mine off.

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 07:16 PM

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: TrailHand

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
I want to see some video of bass that are clearly bass. I've seen video of big fish in an aquarium. If it can clearly make out bass over 4lbs from a distance they are on to something. If not, 360 and humminbird mega is still better

My humminbird Solix Mega won't even show a 3lb fish by the transducer. Sure the ads look great, but put it on the water and that's when the story gets told.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: TrailHand

My humminbird Solix Mega won't even show a 3lb fish by the transducer. Sure the ads look great, but put it on the water and that's when the story gets told.

I'm by no means some Humminbird homer. They just happen to be what Billy Sartin recommended for my boat when I bought it but I can't see why yours wouldn't work a lot better than that. I have Helix 12's and once I had Slade Dougherty work his magic, I feel like I can see the bubble of a perch fart on it. That all being said, this new stuff from Garmin looks insane but like some others has said, I would like to see how it reads on a murky lake in NE Texas and not crystal clear water off the Florida keys.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 07:35 PM

Really? My helix mega shows them great!
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 07:35 PM

Lol.

I do the same, I leave mine off.

The Panoptix transducers are totally different than the 2D, sideVu and downvu. They don't make any noise when I have mine turned on.
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 08:21 PM

Hey Alexa show the nearest bass to me that is over 6lbs.....there is a 7.3lber to your right about 12 yards ahead...lol
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Insurance man
Hey Alexa show the nearest bass to me that is over 6lbs.....there is a 7.3lber to your right about 12 yards ahead...lol

And it just ate a 3/4 lb crappie
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 09:05 PM

I like my Panoptix trandsucer. I use it to find brush piles and grass lines QUICK.

I've never tried to use it while actually trying to catch fish though.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 09:46 PM

It isn't the unit. You need to spend a few bucks and have slade set it up for you. Even the G-1 units you can see fish pretty well if they are set correctly. If not then you can't see anything.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 09:49 PM

I am going to have to look into Garmin a little more. Thinking about one of their units on my bow with this. I would have to see more of it in real life to see if I am willing to give up the HB360 for one.

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 10:35 PM

Soon as KVD gets one then we'll all get one just like when he got the Ultrex. thumb
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 11:05 PM

https://www.facebook.com/iwantthatvideos...ExMzUyMDEyMDUy/

bolt

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Soon as KVD gets one then we'll all get one just like when he got the Ultrex. thumb

You aren't ever gonna let me live it down......man....I ain't ever calling KVD and recommending boat stuff to him again! bolt

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/12/18 11:46 PM

You aren't ever gonna let me live it down......man....I ain't ever calling KVD and recommending boat stuff to him again! bolt

You're funny Steez. No kidding though, KVD sells lots of stuff and if WE think it will help us catch fish we'll buy it. Case in point, I have TWO Whopper Ploppers. TWO.

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/13/18 12:07 AM

You're funny Steez. No kidding though, KVD sells lots of stuff and if WE think it will help us catch fish we'll buy it. Case in point, I have TWO Whopper Ploppers. TWO.

I often say "lol". But, this time, I actually did laugh. My wife was looking at me funny too.

I have you beat though. I have three. One of each size. I have caught .66 bass per plopper that I own.

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/13/18 12:32 AM

I often say "lol". But, this time, I actually did laugh. My wife was looking at me funny too.

I have you beat though. I have three. One of each size. I have caught .66 bass per plopper that I own.

.66 huh. Not a good recommendation Steez but you're .66 ahead of me. As far as the Garmin's go I would be super excited to have that set up on my Skeeter and if I get 6 good numbers tomorrow night I just might buy both of us one. thumb
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/13/18 02:14 AM

Man, I am so old school I don't count. I listened to Ralph Manns and his teaching and I do not even use a graph any more. Just fish where the fish SHOULD BE, but not always the case. Of course, I know the lakes I fish pretty well, too, so my bad for not using the latest and greatest stuff out there, but my pocket book feels a little better, I guess. Who knows, as long as you are having fun and catching fish, go figure. Not my cub of tea, I guess. To each his own. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains

OLD SCHOOL me everyone. LOL.

tr
Posted By: JavelinJ

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/13/18 01:19 PM

Hey, those whopper ploppers work!

Re: Who Has It?? - 06/14/18 12:23 PM

Hey GIGEM! Did we win the lottery and graphs?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum