Texas Fishing Forum

Summer power plant lakes

Posted By: franchi

Summer power plant lakes - 06/10/18 02:32 PM

Water temp was 92 deg on fayette yesterday. Trying to graph fish from 10 feet out to 20 feet on creek channels, main lake points seeing very few on the graph. Are they deeper than 20 feet
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Summer power plant lakes - 06/10/18 04:19 PM

I have caught them in water over 100 degrees in the discharge at Fayette. If I remember correctly it was 104 on my temp gauge. When you unhook them they are hot.

In the late summer the Bass at Fayette used to suspend and move around at around 25 ft plus. Shad would be at a shallower depth above them. When the two crossed paths then you had schooling action.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Summer power plant lakes - 06/10/18 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishspanker
I have caught them in water over 100 degrees in the discharge at Fayette. If I remember correctly it was 104 on my temp gauge. When you unhook them they are hot.

In the late summer the Bass at Fayette used to suspend and move around at around 25 ft plus. Shad would be at a shallower depth above them. When the two crossed paths then you had schooling action.

Yep caught them up to 108-110 regularly in the dishcharge. So hot in the air you have to leave every 20 min or so and run the boat in circles to cool off.
Posted By: barbarian

Re: Summer power plant lakes - 06/10/18 08:13 PM

Monday afternoon water temp was 98-100 on east side
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum