Texas Fishing Forum

Depth of Harmon Creek @ Trinity River

Posted By: Mordecai

Depth of Harmon Creek @ Trinity River - 06/08/18 10:00 PM

Hey guys!

Anyone familiar with fishing Harmon Creek?

I can't seem to find any information on its depth, Navionics and other maps have no info on it.

Trying to figure out how deep it is before I go out there. I usually fish Bethy or Carolina/Lake Thomas.

Thanks for any help!
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Depth of Harmon Creek @ Trinity River - 06/09/18 12:35 AM

The main problem is getting to the real creak mouth. It’s a long idle from Trinity into the mouth of actual creek. Everywhere before that, outside of true channel is a 1-2 feet deep with channel being 8-10. Stumps everywhere and rebar in a couple places.

I’m pretty brave and like to raise hydraulic plate and go but I won’t make that run on plane. You have to know it very well to run it. Was there a few days ago and water was 94 degrees.
Good luck
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Depth of Harmon Creek @ Trinity River - 06/09/18 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: TxBazzn
The main problem is getting to the real creak mouth. It’s a long idle from Trinity into the mouth of actual creek. Everywhere before that, outside of true channel is a 1-2 feet deep with channel being 8-10. Stumps everywhere and rebar in a couple places.

I’m pretty brave and like to raise hydraulic plate and go but I won’t make that run on plane. You have to know it very well to run it. Was there a few days ago and water was 94 degrees.
Good luck

Exactly. I've caught some good ones in there though.
Posted By: Mordecai

Re: Depth of Harmon Creek @ Trinity River - 06/09/18 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: TxBazzn

Good luck

Can I idle around in there? Any good bass spots in the 1-2' flats?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum