Texas Fishing Forum

Amphibia Sunglasses

Posted By: BThomas

Amphibia Sunglasses - 06/08/18 08:15 PM

This is an FYI.

Some of them do not float. We lost a pair(Depthcharge) this past weekend that were dropped in the water and they sank like a rock.
Posted By: Tracker Tim

Re: Amphibia Sunglasses - 06/08/18 08:21 PM

They only float in Texas water.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Amphibia Sunglasses - 06/08/18 08:22 PM

The Amphibia Depthcharge Sunglasses are designed to fit comfortably no matter how your face is shaped, to stay firmly in place through your most physical activities, and to float in water. On top of all this, the Amphibia Depthcharge Sunglasses are built to last, ensuring that they’ll stand up to whatever you can dish out, time and time again. High quality performance sunglasses - the Amphibia Depthcharge Sunglasses will never give you that sinking feeling.

That's from their web page,..something fishy going on there... fish
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Amphibia Sunglasses - 06/08/18 08:34 PM

Bought some years ago when they first started to come out, Flew out of boat off console right by me head. Set down turned around looked and looked for them could not find them. Bought another pair, still have them but they are left in the console on boat for back up pair. The lens started to look bad on them. I'm out on the them in the future have gone back to Costa's.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Amphibia Sunglasses - 06/08/18 08:34 PM

Bought my wife a pair of Amphibia's a couple of years ago. Decent glasses but haven't tested the floating abilities.
We're going tomorrow to get her a pair of Costa's if they have a frame she likes. I'm tired of her grabbing mine in the spring when we are sight fishing.

Re: Amphibia Sunglasses - 06/08/18 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Tracker Tim
They only float in Texas water.

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: captain-kilroy

Re: Amphibia Sunglasses - 06/09/18 12:54 AM

my wife and I both have a pair. mine are depth charges. both float fine. I have tested them while swimming
Posted By: mudd

Re: Amphibia Sunglasses - 06/09/18 01:41 AM

I’m still mad they wouldn’t sell me lenses without sending my pair in thenhaving eat shipping cost both ways
Posted By: Battson34

Re: Amphibia Sunglasses - 06/09/18 02:46 AM

I have 2 pair and both float.

Re: Amphibia Sunglasses - 06/09/18 03:10 AM

I have a pair of depthcharge and they float. Unfortunately, the ones I gave my son did not float. I also have another pair that does not float. So, I guess 1 out of three is not bad.

Since we did not register them. We have no recourse. My original post is strictly an FYI. I guess test them before going to the lake. All products have defects every now and then. If the consumer follows the warranty paper work. I haven't heard of any reputable company not honoring the warranty.
Posted By: USA-1

Re: Amphibia Sunglasses - 06/09/18 03:10 PM

Avoid “their” process for getting amphibia eyewear in prescription. Mine was a super huge hassle. They don’t float well either before and after prescription.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum