Texas Fishing Forum

Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!!

Posted By: Ken A.

Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 07:12 PM

They may move this into Plugs but I wanted to say Good Luck to all the Skeeter Owners this weekend at Fork. She is fishing good right now.

Me & a buddy met Eddie Garrett at LFM yesterday at 11 am and fished until 4 pm. Eddie is an awesome deepwater guide and a great all-around guy to spend time with. The last spot we hit yesterday in 18' of water produced these two bigguns within ten minutes of each other.

Eddie's fish was 24 1/8" and went 9.45 and Robert's fish was 25 3/8 and went 10.20.

I got to practice my Mad Netting Skills.... hmmm

Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 07:32 PM

Saw the video on facebook that's an awesome trip for sure! Eddie is pretty handy with his drop shot that's for sure
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 07:39 PM

Hey Ken, you need to learn how to drop shot! roflmao

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Hey Ken, you need to learn how to drop shot! roflmao

Said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwDmV1KWrKQ

wink

Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 08:04 PM

? What is this drop shot thingie you speak of ??? Is it legal...... grin

Congrats guys on some great fish, nicely done.....
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 08:11 PM

So apparently they only let you net the fish and take the pictures!!!
Posted By: redraider4life

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 08:12 PM

Great looking fish!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 08:35 PM

What time of the day did they bite???
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

The post reads, last spot hit, fished until 4
I'd guess 3-4 pm... grin

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 09:58 PM

3:32 and 3:42

I caught a three pounder at 3:40

grin

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
? What is this drop shot thingie you speak of ??? Is it legal...... grin

Congrats guys on some great fish, nicely done.....

I think so.. wink

I can catch em on a DS as good as anybody. I just feel like I am purposely fishing for small fish when I'm doing it so I don't do it often. ugh

Eddie caught his 9.45 on an egg-beater setup. His fish was beautiful. Fat and healed up from the spawn.

Robert's poor fish was beat up badly. Not only was it thin but it had a big scar on both sides of her body like a big gar or something had chomped down on her. Hard to see in the pic but look down around her anal fin. That was the pretty side. She looked much worse on the other side.

But then again, any Ten Pounder is BEAUTIFUL no matter the scars!!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 10:27 PM

Excellent trip. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 10:45 PM

Not sure those are overs. Let me measure my fingers. roflmao
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Here ya go.

Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 11:42 PM

roflmao
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 11:45 PM

Your scale must be broken. Both of those fish are significantly larger than the 14.5 on here yesterday!
Posted By: tangledup3

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/06/18 11:54 PM

Eddie is a great guide. He was the last guide I hired on fork which was five years ago and my son still talks about it. I just wish I could remember the knot he showed me for rigging a drop shot.
Posted By: formula462

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 01:45 AM

Does any appendage count as a measuring device

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: formula462
Does any appendage count as a measuring device

roflmao
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 03:57 AM

Good job guys. Yeah, its probably fishing better than I have seen it since I started back fishing 4-5 years ago. I showed a couple buddies from Tyler a couple holes that I had been catching some good unders in during Legend and then again in the Sartin Marine customer appreciation event but now they have turned into big slot and over holes! They caught a 9.5 today and several good sized slots.
Your trip with 2 in ten minutes reminds me of when I was registering or checking in for one of the big bass tourneys and hear guys not from around here that say "what do you mean you cant have two overs in the boat at once" or something to that effect. frkazoid Like its easy to go put two overs in the boat on the same day.
Posted By: Rog

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 05:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

3:32 and 3:42

grin

Nice Ken and Eddie! As a comparison Doug. Last Saturday they went off around 3:30-5:00. Was on one spot where all of a sudden the front graph went black with fish like when you get over whites. Was soaking a CR. Dropped it and wedged it in console. Grabbed a spoon to see what if they were actually whites and didn’t get bit for some reason and surprisingly.....but while doing that the cr dragging at drift goes off on a 7-8 lber. Caught ten or so slots in about 30 min on cr. Seems like they knew when the t anglers got off the water. Would not touch a spoon but ate cr all day. Btw every deep spot was covered in boats last Saturday early. Those fishing skeeter better get on the spot early and wait em out or have some private or out of the way spots if they don’t like crowds. I was fun fishing and had had to mark 6-8 spots off my run till after 3:00. Managed 20-25 off two spots first spot was all big unders and close to the boat lane. smile. 19-23 ft was depth that day....tried shallow for a bit in early afternoon waiting for deep areas to clear out with no luck. Stayed main lake all day....
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 07:05 AM

I swear those fish on Fork know when its 3:00. roflmao

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 07:47 AM

I have only been fishing Fork since 1983, putting my Water Spider in off the roads that ran into the lake. The bigger fish have always bitten better in the hottest part of the afternoon even in July & Aug. flame

Thurs was no different. It stormed pretty badly with lightning & thunder from early to about 11 am. When it let up we hit the water. It was nice & cool & cloudy. We ran about 15 spots from 11 am to 3 pm. That's one thing I really like about Eddie. He won't sit on them more than 15 mins if they aren't eatin. We caught one or 2 unders or small slots off all his spots until the last spot. Marked big fish on nearly every spot but they wouldn't eat. hammer

That sun popped out and it started heating up around 2 pm. About 3:45 (hottest part of the day) we rolled up on a spot in about 18' off a wooded point. Eddie stuck the 9.45 off a brushpile and Robert got his 10 off the same brushpile ten mins later. thumb

I had to be back at DFW airport by 6 pm so I told Eddie one more cast to the brushpile his 9 had just come from. Robert stuck the biggun on that last cast! I thought both of them were going to throw me in the lake when I told them I HAD to Go!! realmad

By the time we weighed & measured the fish and got the boat loaded it was 4:30. I may have exceeded the posted speed limit getting to DFW. My apologies if I ran anyone off the road as I flew around LBJ toward the airport. blush

Another helpful tip: Don't be late picking up your wife at the airport! coach
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 09:53 AM

Ummm, no guarantee Ken but tell if you get stopped at the airport tell them you know my wife Jackie. Don't exactly know if that will get you some slack or the pokie but if you get locked up my wife is just around the corner.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Eddie Garrett

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 10:22 AM

Ken I had a blast with you and Robert and it definitely was a big afternoon. He didn't tell you I had another big one on earlier that I couldn't get out of a brush pile. Your a great stick and I always enjoy fishing with you! Guys some customers and I have a lot of BIG fish on the drop shot here on Fork. My set up is not light like a lot of the tournament guys throw. I use a high end spinning reel with heavy pound drag on a custom 6'9 Reel Time (Bushido) drop shot rod. (Ken will tell you how that rod loaded up on that big one I caught) I put 20 pound braid and a 6 1/2 ft. 14 lb. Sunline Sniper leader tied with a line to line Alberto knot. Also a trick size type worm and not a small finesse with a Owner rigging hook and texas rig it along with a 15" long leader and a 1/4 or sometimes 3/8 oz. Finch Nasty cylinder weight. Don't under estimate it out here. These fish get a lot of pressure and sometimes it's just a different subtle presentation for a big one.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Originally Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Here ya go.

LOL

those Drawings look like some of our drawings here at the plant I work at.
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 01:20 PM

grin

Way to REPRESENT Ken!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 05:16 PM

Nice fish. cheers
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 08:39 PM

Livesley looks to have 2 overs in the boat today as well!
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 09:10 PM

congrats guys.. 2 Lake Fork Anglers caught a 24 1/2 and a 26 today in the club tournament. All caught shallow.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 09:19 PM

Nice fish.

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/07/18 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

FB looked like he went in after one of them! thumb roflmao
Posted By: Blindshot54

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/08/18 12:26 AM

Hey good to see Robert B. Is still alive and kicking. NICE FISH ! Ken is Robert on the forum??
Posted By: mudd

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/08/18 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

FB looked like he went in after one of them! thumb roflmao

I think he had 3?

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/08/18 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Blindshot54
Hey good to see Robert B. Is still alive and kicking. NICE FISH ! Ken is Robert on the forum??

No sir, he is not a social media guy
Posted By: Jhiggins

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/08/18 01:32 PM

If you like drop shotting then Eddie is the one to go with, I have fished with him several times and he is good at what he does. Also just an all around good guy and fun to spend the day with ...
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/08/18 08:09 PM

Ken, as an expert, can you tell us a bit more about your mindset as you go in for that pro netting job?
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/08/18 08:45 PM

According to my hand ....grin

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/08/18 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
According to my hand ....grin

HaHa!!

Re: Two Overs in Ten Mins on FORK!! - 06/08/18 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Dr JL
Ken, as an expert, can you tell us a bit more about your mindset as you go in for that pro netting job?

Funny you should ask Doc....

See: How to Net a DD Bass!! wink
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum