Texas Fishing Forum

Pool Sunday morning and lunar calendars

Posted By: Greg W

Pool Sunday morning and lunar calendars - 06/03/18 04:32 PM

Fished from 6:30 to 9:00 and didn't get a bite. Weird thing is I didn't see anyone catch a fish and talked to a few guys that either got a couple of small ones or nothing. I wouldn't think the wind shift would hurt the bite negatively. Looking at the lunar calendar says that time frame was on the downward cycle. I mean I could see them in a couple of places in 15 feet of water, had a drop shot with garlic sprayed on a robo worm. That almost always guarantees me a few bites. How much do you guys think those calendars really predict the bite.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Pool Sunday morning and lunar calendars - 06/03/18 04:49 PM

I always do better in the afternoons when the moon is full.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Pool Sunday morning and lunar calendars - 06/03/18 07:45 PM

I was there last night and the wind was very calm until around 2AM. Bait was everywhere, spread out, not in balls and the bass were feeding like crazy. So much bait and the fish were so spread out that I couldn't get a bite.

They may have fed so much at night with easy picking and that may have been your problem.

I haven't been able to figure out how to catch the at night under those conditions.
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: Pool Sunday morning and lunar calendars - 06/04/18 06:09 AM

Well,I wasn't bass fishing last few days but Wednesday and Thursday afternoon between 3 and 6(peak time), crappie were hot after 6 not. Friday and Saturday morning 630 to 8 mediocre, then picked up some during the am peak times.
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: Pool Sunday morning and lunar calendars - 06/04/18 12:45 PM

Sunday from 6am to 10am, 14mph wind, 2-10ft water, caught multiple big LMBs. I don't think the moon played a part, but it was cloudy. Maybe they couldn't see the moon.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Pool Sunday morning and lunar calendars - 06/04/18 08:40 PM

Were you at Pool? I fished the north point in 4-12 feet with a full brush hog on c-rig, fished some areas by the damn in 17-26 feet with drop shot on robo worm, and fished some other areas by the marina in 14-18ft where I could sure as see fish but they weren't biting. All baits sprayed with garlic which usually works for me. Any tips welcome.
Posted By: RPD

Re: Pool Sunday morning and lunar calendars - 06/05/18 12:38 AM

went last night and it was slow, caught 9 between 8pm and 230am, all under 2 lbs
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum