Texas Fishing Forum

Black screen on Helix 9

Posted By: Decaturhammer

Black screen on Helix 9 - 05/30/18 02:12 AM

Tried to update my Helix 9 Mega G2 for the first time. Inserted SD card for the update. Screen clicked and went black. Buttons still light up so power works. Just non responsive black screen. Disconnected unit from power from power and tried to restart. Again, buttons light up by screen stays dead and black. Any ideas?
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Black screen on Helix 9 - 05/30/18 05:16 AM

post in the general equipment section and Wayne will be along shortly and can probably help you out. I'd try to load an older update into it and see what happens. Not sure if you can or if restoring to factory settings would remove the update that you tried to install. Call their tech support in the morning.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Black screen on Helix 9 - 05/30/18 11:44 AM

I believe you have to see the screen (run through menu options) to select factory reset.

Did you back up your waypoints/trails/etc before you inserted the update SD card? On Humminbird PC?

If yes, I'd power down the unit, go to the store and purchase a new SD card, make a new update SD card and try to load it.

SD cards can get corrupted, so to be safe, I'd either throw away the old one, or do a complete format of it to be used later.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum