Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Sardis in Oklahoma

Posted By: Bassin2win

Lake Sardis in Oklahoma - 05/29/18 03:53 PM

Anyone have experience fishing this lake? A buddy and I are going up there for the weekend and we’re gonna fish Sardis. Any areas to be cautious around and conditions would be appreciated!
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: Lake Sardis in Oklahoma - 05/29/18 04:43 PM

Haven't been there in 15 years, but I remember watch the wind because that lake can get nasty in a hurry... When you leave the ramp if your going west don't cut between the island and north bank is what I was told years ago. I never did, so I really have no experience.

Re: Lake Sardis in Oklahoma - 05/29/18 07:11 PM

Thanks for the info!
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Lake Sardis in Oklahoma - 05/29/18 08:20 PM

I caught my PB there about 2.5 years ago in November. She weighed 10.49. I've only fished there in the cooler months in the spring and fall so it will be a completely different lake fishing wise. There are quite a few areas of caution do to all the trees.

I always put in at Potato Hills ramp. Running straight north from there toward Buffalo Creek, you're clear for a few miles and then it turns into a forest.

To run up to Anderson, I would recommend swinging south of the island directly out in front of the ramp. Swing wide and it's clear running all the way to the bridge. It is possible to run the north side of the island but I would not recommend it your first time there. You Once you go under the bridge to Anderson, it's pretty much idle from there.

Heading toward the Narrows, you can pretty much just stay in the middle (again, swing south of that same island mentioned before) and you'll be clear. Never really been on the west side of that bridge so you're onyour own there.

Good luck! There's some bigguns in that lake. I hope you can find some grass!

Re: Lake Sardis in Oklahoma - 05/30/18 04:51 AM

Sweet. Thanks for the info Bissett! From what I hear it’s a hidden gem!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum