Texas Fishing Forum

Morning vs evening depth

Posted By: Greg W

Morning vs evening depth - 05/19/18 02:12 AM

Been fishing Pool in the evenings and they were in shallow water, but last week struck out shallow. Did catch a few in 12-16 feet of water. Will be going sunrise Sunday before 11:00 church. Any advice on depth in the first 2 hours of sunlight?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Morning vs evening depth - 05/19/18 02:33 AM

Heavy cover, shallow always with a top water in Spook, Frog and Etc..

Re: Morning vs evening depth - 05/19/18 02:37 AM

Thanks Donald
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Morning vs evening depth - 05/19/18 03:43 AM

My opinion is fish don’t go from deep to shallow back to deep sometimes they just don’t bite
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Morning vs evening depth - 05/19/18 05:22 AM

I have to agree with Donald, on this. Shallow, heavy cover has nearly always helped fish for me in the early AM, in the spring/summer/fall seasons. Winter is a different story, however. SOMETIMES they are shallow, sometimes they are NOT, WATER temp is what makes the biggest difference in winter. Good luck and report back so we know how it went. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains

Re: Morning vs evening depth - 05/22/18 01:26 AM

Well, went early AM no bites for an hour and then the rains came. Went back at 4:00 and got 6 nice ones. 2 in 3 different locations on 3 different techniques. 2 on square bill, 2 on carolina on a point, and 2 drop shot in 14-17 feet around structure. All in the 2-3 lb range so that's a good afternoon for me. I've only been bass fishing for a couple of years so still playing and learning.

thanks for the advice
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum