Texas Fishing Forum

Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis

Posted By: fivebites

Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 12:57 AM

I just moved to Jonestown where the Bassmasters elites start tomorrow. Ramp is 4 minutes from my house. Tons of the best fishermen in the world in my little hometown. Just ran into Fletcher Shryock at a convenience store. What a cool young kid!! Approachable and really nice guy! Would post our pic if I knew how!! THIS ROCKS!
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 02:45 AM

Enjoy! It will be a big event for the Central Texas area thumb

Debra cool

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 03:09 AM

Thank you Debra! Unfortunately (kinda) I'm going to Mexico Friday for a vacation and will miss most of it. But I'll be on the water Thursday all day. Who would you follow?
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 09:37 AM

That's great at least you will get in one day tomorrow. If you do follow them just be respectful of their space as they are competing. Not sure who I'm following yet as that will be up to BASS which media outlet they assign to my boat. Be sure to visit the activities at the weigh in site, be safe and careful on the water, and most of all enjoy yourself.

Debra smile
Posted By: Gnab2

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 09:45 AM

I to am leaving on vacation. The trip was planned before I found out about the event. Would like to be there.

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 02:04 PM

Of course!! I'm not a YouTube guy and wear my cap front and centered! Just curious who you guys think have the best shot at a deep, clear lake. I'm thinking Aaron Martens or Cali guys!!Of course Mark Rose won last year so ya never know. I hope Shryock does well. Very cool young guy!!
Originally Posted By: Debra Hengst
That's great at least you will get in one day tomorrow. If you do follow them just be respectful of their space as they are competing. Not sure who I'm following yet as that will be up to BASS which media outlet they assign to my boat. Be sure to visit the activities at the weigh in site, be safe and careful on the water, and most of all enjoy yourself.

Debra smile
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 02:08 PM

Just follow KVD like everyone else.
Posted By: Dabaker421

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 02:12 PM

Hackney. You get quite a few laughs as well
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 02:32 PM

https://www.facebook.com/GeraldSwindle.GMAN/videos/1744807188909431/, this is great!
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 06:41 PM

Follow the roving camera boat. They always go to where the action is.
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 07:28 PM

"https://www.facebook.com/GeraldSwindle.GMAN/videos/1744807188909431/, this is great!"

That was hillarious: "Putting the launch fee on layaway" "charging you to park your lawnchair"..

Did they jack up the boat ramp fees? I'm used to paying $5 per person. He's talking about $15. I may have to go get a loan.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 07:56 PM

Goes with the territory, ain't nothing cheap around here. People gladly pay it too. It's staggering the properties on lake Travis and their values
Posted By: buda13

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing
"https://www.facebook.com/GeraldSwindle.GMAN/videos/1744807188909431/, this is great!"

That was hillarious: "Putting the launch fee on layaway" "charging you to park your lawnchair"..

Did they jack up the boat ramp fees? I'm used to paying $5 per person. He's talking about $15. I may have to go get a loan.

$15 is still cheaper than most of the ramps at Eagle Mountain....
Posted By: wtf242

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

To launch at Mansfield dam on Lake Travis I think it's now $20. They raised it $5 this year.
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 08:11 PM

Where I dropped in the last year was $5, but I'm not tellin' cause I don't want it to be too crowded. I was just wondering if my $5 ramp is now $15.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/16/18 09:39 PM

Probably is $15 now. Everything has went up including all Travis county ramps

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/17/18 06:30 PM

Well that was as cool way to get the day started. Since Greg Hackney drew number one for this morning I watched him for the first couple of hours. He was catching fish right off the bat, but didn't see him get very many good ones. About the same size I generally catch, but looks like he may have gotten a limit fairly early. Was really trying to hone in on how they fish the clear, deep lakes here in the hill country and got a decent amount of education. Those boys are some casting fools! Not just accurate, but in the sheer number they make in a day. Holy smokes. Hate it that I only got to watch a half day! Oh well. I'll make better plans next time. Off to vacation...it ain't all bad! LOL!
Posted By: Lone Star Ranger

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/18/18 02:35 AM

Enjoy!

Re: Meeting the pros here at Lake Travis - 05/18/18 10:33 AM

After looking at the results my guess about Hack was spot on. Catching quite a few but not many "big uns!". I did finally see some 4-6 pound fish that I located. Water is super clear and not surprised there were some really big fish caught. Good luck...I'm off to vacation land in two hours!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum