Texas Fishing Forum

Recs on places to stay on some east TX lakes with my boat?

Posted By: texasAUtiger

Recs on places to stay on some east TX lakes with my boat? - 05/07/18 07:43 PM

I'm looking to make an overnight trip to fish one or more east TX lakes such as Cedar Creek, Athens, or Naconiche. Anyone have recs on where I could stay where I could plug up my boat and it be secure?

If they were state park lakes, I'd just stay in a bare bones cabin by the lake.

Thanks!

Re: Recs on places to stay on some east TX lakes with my boat? - 05/08/18 12:53 PM

Maybe I’ll sleep in the truck. LOL.

Doesn’t have to literally be on the lake. Boat friendly hotels would do.
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: Recs on places to stay on some east TX lakes with my boat? - 05/08/18 12:57 PM

When I go to Athens, I stay in Malakoff at The Country Side Inn. Not the greatest motel but plenty of room to accommodate your boat. Cedar Creek is close to there as well.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Recs on places to stay on some east TX lakes with my boat? - 05/08/18 01:01 PM

Kammans Or Country Side Inn near Cedar Creek. Those aren't that far from Athens either.

http://www.cedarcreeklake.com/todo--restaurant--kamman-s-deli/363

https://www.booking.com/hotel/us/countryside-inn-malakoff.html
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Recs on places to stay on some east TX lakes with my boat? - 05/08/18 02:28 PM

Naconiche has some cabins on the Lake across the cove from the boat ramp. OR Stay in Nacogdoches.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Recs on places to stay on some east TX lakes with my boat? - 05/08/18 02:39 PM

Super 8 Athens
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Recs on places to stay on some east TX lakes with my boat? - 05/08/18 02:49 PM

Holiday in express or Spanish Trace in Athens

Re: Recs on places to stay on some east TX lakes with my boat? - 05/08/18 05:18 PM

When yall stay at hotel, I'm assuming you plug your battery charger in somewhere. You just asked and they had an exterior outlet you could use?
Posted By: TX Rig

Re: Recs on places to stay on some east TX lakes with my boat? - 05/11/18 12:10 PM

When you come to Lake Fork stay at my place. Private room for rent on second floor of my garage. You will find it in the TFF classified section under "Lake Fork room for rent".

Re: Recs on places to stay on some east TX lakes with my boat? - 05/12/18 02:10 AM

Thanks everyone!
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: Recs on places to stay on some east TX lakes with my boat? - 05/12/18 10:28 PM

We just spent a week at Sunrise Lodge cabin 1 on lake Fork and recommend it highly!!!!
Everything was awesome and the people that own it are top notch very nice people...
Mike Fatherree Sunrise Lodge
Phone 214-906-5583

James Moore
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Recs on places to stay on some east TX lakes with my boat? - 05/13/18 03:54 AM

Bob Sandlin State Park - fish sandlin, cypress, and/or welsh - they have bare-bones cabins.
Lake O pines marina on hwy 155 - fish LoP, Lonestar, and Gilmer
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum