Texas Fishing Forum

Need help getting a boat home

Posted By: 9094

Need help getting a boat home - 05/03/18 10:16 PM

I am needing to get a boat hauled from Tennessee to texas. Anyone on here ever used a service that does that?
Posted By: Rick Collis

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/03/18 10:50 PM

Yes. I used www.uship.com . I had good luck with them. I don't remember the cost, but it was reasonable.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/03/18 10:51 PM

If you’re buying it there, better make sure they have a title to it.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/03/18 11:34 PM

I will be between Memphis and Nashville on the week of the 11th. leaving on the 20th. If that is anywhere close I can pull it back to Justin.
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/03/18 11:36 PM

Cool offer.
Posted By: C130

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/03/18 11:51 PM

I bought my previous boat in Tennessee, I’m from there. It helps a lot to have the current registration card, that seemed to be what the TPWD wanted the most. I can’t recall off hand but I don’t believe Tennessee titles boats..I did have the original title but they wanted the registration card. Make sure bill of sale separates price of motor and boat, and trailer is separate bill of sale. Easy process, just read what’s needed on the TPWD website. Where’s it located? I’ll be up there in June but will be towing my boat.

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/04/18 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
I will be between Memphis and Nashville on the week of the 11th. leaving on the 20th. If that is anywhere close I can pull it back to Justin.

dang that is a kind offer Donald. It is about an hour southeast of Nashville. I am trying to get it here this week but I might get in touch with you if I can’t. I could probably get the dealer to meet you somewhere around where you are.
Thanks
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/04/18 04:07 AM

Give me $800 and I'll gladly do it.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/04/18 02:25 PM

Back in the day, I towed a buddy's boat from New Jersey to Kansas City for $1000. I wouldn't touch it these days for that.
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/04/18 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Rick Collis
Yes. I used www.uship.com . I had good luck with them. I don't remember the cost, but it was reasonable.

I've used uship and they did a great job and the cost was great compared to anyone that I found. I give a thumbs up for them.

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/04/18 10:32 PM

So far my uship bids have been pretty high. I understand making money but cost plus 200% is not going to get it for me.

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/05/18 12:31 AM

It’s a long drive and half of it really sucks being on 59. I grew up an hour east-southeast of Nashville and make that drive every summer, I hate it. You’re looking at around 14 hours each way.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/05/18 12:45 AM

Road trip it
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/05/18 12:45 AM

Whay are they quoteing you? 800$ sound reasonable with gas prices now.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/05/18 01:31 AM

there is a lot of liability an problems in a trip that far pulling a boat .

Re: Need help getting a boat home - 05/05/18 01:41 AM

I can tell you if you do it, leave on the return trip about 5am. You’ll be through Nashville by 6, Memphis around 9, you’ll miss the big rush hour traffic jams. I’ve driven it for the last 15 years and going fishing again on Center Hill and Dale Hollow in June.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum