Texas Fishing Forum

Back Surgeon

Posted By: Troyz

Back Surgeon - 04/30/18 04:29 PM

does anyone know the name of the back surgeon in Tyler that several people on here have used in the past? Tried search but it is apparently smarter than me.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Back Surgeon - 04/30/18 04:33 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5459320/back_surgery
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Back Surgeon - 04/30/18 04:49 PM

Dr. Paul Detwiler

Tyler Neurosurgery Associates

903-595-2441

He's also a heckuva bass fisherman.
Posted By: Troyz

Re: Back Surgeon - 04/30/18 04:53 PM

Thanks for the info yall. I will check with Dr Detwiler.
Posted By: bsouth401

Re: Back Surgeon - 04/30/18 06:24 PM

He's doing surgery on my lower back this week! I'm looking forward to it too! Dr. Detwiler has some great fishing stories to boot!
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Back Surgeon - 04/30/18 07:20 PM

As mentioned above, Dr. Detwiler is the guy. Good old boy with the DR. degree. I have heard he is a close up guy on the water, but have never fished with him. He runs one of Denny's old boats, or he used too and some have had some problems with him, but one heck of a back surgeon. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains

If you do see him, ask if he remembers me, I gave him a 3/8s oz. YM one time.

tr

Re: Back Surgeon - 04/30/18 07:25 PM

I can see that, Thad. He's fished over 350 days with Denny and Denny can be a "close up guy" too.
Posted By: Hawgchaser

Re: Back Surgeon - 05/01/18 01:22 AM

Dr. Detwiler did surgery on my neck back in January and I new as soon as a came out of recover the problem was fixed. Great surgeon and overall nice fella. You get him to talk fishing and he has some stories. I hope all goes well with your surgery.

God bless!
Posted By: bsouth401

Re: Back Surgeon - 05/01/18 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Hawgchaser
Dr. Detwiler did surgery on my neck back in January and I new as soon as a came out of recover the problem was fixed. Great surgeon and overall nice fella. You get him to talk fishing and he has some stories. I hope all goes well with your surgery.

God bless!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Re: Back Surgeon - 05/01/18 02:07 PM

Praying for a successful outcome, brother. I know the doc is gonna fix you up!
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Back Surgeon - 05/01/18 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
I can see that, Thad. He's fished over 350 days with Denny and Denny can be a "close up guy" too.

I see him often in Del Rio, I am still star struck everytime. I have been reading about him since 1980's, to see him on the water/ at the ramp loading is really cool. I remember the commercial he did in Tyler for the Doctor on the edge of Lake Palestine after his surgery.
Posted By: daddystog

Re: Back Surgeon - 05/01/18 03:37 PM

Take it from someone that has been through MAJOR back surgery in 2014, get up and get moving as soon as possible after surgery
I blew my lower back out in 1994 and keep working in the oilfield for 20 years with no disk between the bottom 3 vertebrae so I had done major damage to the vertebrae and had all kinds of debris around the nerves and spinal cord
The Doctor had to basically rebuild all of it with Titanium, they had me up walking the next morning
I had keep putting it off because of all the horror stories I would hear from other people so I suffered years needlessly , I asked the doctor why some people have such a hard time and he said so much depends on the person if there willing to bear the pain to get up get moving and do the physical Therapy
2014 I had sold my Bass Boat and had excepted that my fishing days were done , just bought me a new boat and tournament Fishing again with my son
Pray Ya'll have a speedy recovery and get back out there Fishing
Posted By: DJB

Re: Back Surgeon - 05/04/18 12:17 AM

Back problems and back surgeries are very serious . I've had many. Dr Detwiler was the most arrogant Dr I've run across . I'm glad he helped some people and all back problems are different. But needless to say I didn't have a good experience
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Back Surgeon - 05/04/18 01:12 AM

Well I did not use him, but after 3 back surgeries I may be done running the big water.

Best of luck to you on yours.
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: Back Surgeon - 05/04/18 12:17 PM

I’ve had my pelvis fused to my first vertebrae and then another surgery fusing the second vertebrae to the first and pelvis. Now I’m gonna be having the third one fused to the others. But that will be after I have 3 vertebrae in my neck fused on May 18th.
I hope you have good luck with your surgery...
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Back Surgeon - 05/04/18 02:00 PM

Back surgery is a life changing , it can go one way or another , had major work done in 08 , out of work for 9 months , issue was waited too long , still in pain but not as bad , have good days and bad . Still fish .
Posted By: DJB

Re: Back Surgeon - 05/04/18 10:38 PM

Back surgery can be a crapshoot. Lots of folks suffer and I sincerely hope for the best for those who do. I'm grateful I'm still fishing although I had to give up tournament fishing a few years back. I'm still amazed a idiot posted on here awhile back that back pain was physiological
Posted By: daddystog

Re: Back Surgeon - 05/05/18 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: DJB
Back surgery can be a crapshoot. Lots of folks suffer and I sincerely hope for the best for those who do. I'm grateful I'm still fishing although I had to give up tournament fishing a few years back. I'm still amazed a idiot posted on here awhile back that back pain was physiological

The only reason he would think that is that he's never injured his back, let him blow a disk and then ask him
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Back Surgeon - 05/05/18 12:19 AM

is this the Bass Fishing topic,,??
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Back Surgeon - 05/05/18 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
is this the Bass Fishing topic,,??

For ranger owners it is. Lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum