Texas Fishing Forum

Organizing your hooks...neat little trick

Posted By: 1Cast 1Fish

Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 04/30/18 01:27 AM

I have tried a lot of different tips and tricks to keep my hooks from migrating around my hook box. I have tried various different things such as gluing the dividers (they still move around the box) and leaving hooks in bags (tangles) without much success. I tried this neat little trick, and can not be happier...I now use this method for all my loose hooks.

Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 04/30/18 02:11 PM

I just use the bass mafia coffin and don't have that problem

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/01/18 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: B.Hollingshead
I just use the bass mafia coffin and don't have that problem

Never heard of them or used them, so I looked them up. Not sure how well they would work for small panfish sized hooks though...plus $20 a box, is a bit expensive for most new anglers to toss on a box. Good idea though for anglers who are looking for that type of hook storage box. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/01/18 12:21 AM

I’d say that’s pretty slick.
Posted By: cactusrat

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/01/18 12:23 AM

Get a pack of mix sized safety pins from the store (Wal Mart). That should cover all the sizes of hooks. The smallest hooks (#12) I have will fit on a small safety pin. I also cut the size of the hook off the package and stick it on the safety pin first and then the hooks, that way I know what the hooks are.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/01/18 02:09 AM

Before I even watched the video I kinda guessed it would be about using safety pins.. Smart deal!
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/01/18 01:51 PM

Just keep them in the original packaging. Whole lot easier for me. and if the original bag breaks (as the often do) I just use small baggies and keep them in a deep 3700 box.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/01/18 06:21 PM

I like it.

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/02/18 12:05 AM

Glad you all enjoyed, this is a pretty nifty trick that I use for all my hooks now...and has been working great
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/02/18 01:29 AM

Neat little trick
Posted By: Ranger205

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/02/18 04:06 AM

Easiest way to stop terminal tackle from moving is to tape a plastic bubble style envelope to the inside of your box....get one from office supply area at walmart.
Posted By: toledo puma

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/02/18 11:41 AM

Good idea Ranger 205
Posted By: pm0084

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/04/18 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger205
Easiest way to stop terminal tackle from moving is to tape a plastic bubble style envelope to the inside of your box....get one from office supply area at walmart.

Can you explain a bit more? Do you tape it to the top or bottom of the box?
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/05/18 12:59 AM

My son bought me the G-Box by Gamakatsu. Nice and slim and holds enough hooks.

http://www.gamakatsu.com/gear_g-boxes.htm

Posted By: BassCrankin

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/05/18 07:08 PM

I do the safety pin trick also, but for added protection from moisture, rust, ect. and once I place them on the safety pin, I'll put them in the small craft resealable plastic bags. I'll cut the part of the original package that has the brand and size of hook, place that in the resealable plastic bag for hook identification, and then I'll take all the hooks of that style and size and put them into a resealable bag together. I then organize them into one of those 3700 moisture boxes. I do that with my weights too. One box for has the hooks and weights for certain techniques, and then another for other techniques.

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/11/18 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: BThomas

Pretty cool box, that would work good for larger hooks, but how does it work with small hooks for crappie and such?
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Organizing your hooks...neat little trick - 05/11/18 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: 1Cast 1Fish
Originally Posted By: BThomas

Pretty cool box, that would work good for larger hooks, but how does it work with small hooks for crappie and such?

Not sure. I know he has some drop shot hooks and those are smaller than the 1/0, 2/0, ect.... He also, has treble hooks in it.
It is a fairly tight slot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum