Texas Fishing Forum

Only man alive with 25

Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 09:05 PM

Well he did it again, anyone surprised ?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 09:15 PM

No. Just surprised that Jordan didn't make a run on him. I expected Lee to get stronger each day and it just didn't happen. Congrats to KVD on a job well done.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 09:29 PM

Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 09:33 PM

I think chasin bass can take em while smoking a cherry vanilla pina colada vape.

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Chasin Hogs
I think chasin bass can take em while smoking a cherry vanilla pina colada vape.

That's actually very funny.

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
No. Just surprised that Jordan didn't make a run on him. I expected Lee to get stronger each day and it just didn't happen. Congrats to KVD on a job well done.

Biffle made a great run at him so hat's off to him. Black bass have a reputation as a vicious predator but they've met their match in KVD. May never see another. flehan

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 09:52 PM

He's a machine. Never slows down or gets down on himself
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 09:57 PM

The Kid still has it.
Posted By: greenen

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 10:11 PM

I'm glad. He's great for the sport.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 11:03 PM

I wish i had the talent that he has in 1 little finger
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 11:07 PM

He's a freak of nature. The last time he and Biffle really butted heads was on Biffle's home lake, Ft. Gibson. It's also my home lake, and there isn't a square inch of it that I haven't mapped and graphed and fished. I followed Van Dam for 2 days on Ft Gibson and he almost won that tournament fishing water that has no fish. Water that no local EVER fishes, before or after that tournament. Nothing but a bare mud flat, doesn't have so much as a pebble on it. You can drive by it 365 days a year and there will never be a boat on it. But that guy was somehow making fish appear out of thin air. There can be only one, and as much as I hate to admit it, he is the one.
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 11:20 PM

Next stop is Kentucky Lake where KVD has two previous wins.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 11:29 PM

Love me some KVD!! banana

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: rj74955
He's a freak of nature. The last time he and Biffle really butted heads was on Biffle's home lake, Ft. Gibson. It's also my home lake, and there isn't a square inch of it that I haven't mapped and graphed and fished. I followed Van Dam for 2 days on Ft Gibson and he almost won that tournament fishing water that has no fish. Water that no local EVER fishes, before or after that tournament. Nothing but a bare mud flat, doesn't have so much as a pebble on it. You can drive by it 365 days a year and there will never be a boat on it. But that guy was somehow making fish appear out of thin air. There can be only one, and as much as I hate to admit it, he is the one.

" he almost won that tournament fishing water that has no fish".
Guess that 'bout says it all and he's fishing against some of the best we've ever seen. Amazing man.
Posted By: DJB

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/29/18 11:52 PM

Wow imagine what he could do if he was fishing in a better boat. Hey Clark?
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 12:02 AM

Lucky for KVD he doesn't have to fish against chasin
Posted By: basshc

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 12:06 AM

Yeah it must suck to be that good and have to fish out of a nitro.

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: DJB

Yeah but don't forget, he's got a Ultrex.
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 02:02 AM

I’d imagine he could name his price with any sponsor. He could fish any boat he wanted..
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 02:14 AM

The Man is phenomenal!
Posted By: 361V

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Yeah but don't forget, he's got a Ultrex.
Been a game changer for him!
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 01:08 PM

KVD = winner and a classy guy.. Jordan is a lot like a young VanDam, it's the natural instinct that makes them so good. I wish I had that, it's a battle every time out for me.. Congrats to KVD.. cheers
Posted By: Reel Addict

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 02:09 PM

Congrats to KVD..He can still get it done and what a classy guy cheers
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 02:15 PM

I told Kevin last night that he is easily the 2nd best fisherman in the history of the world.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 02:18 PM

He'll be a threat on Kentucky Lake, but they are hitting it at a different time. Usually it's later in the year and it's a ledge tournament. Fish may still be spawning? May be another shallow water deal. Will be interesting. The man knows how to apply the choke hold when he has a lead.

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 02:32 PM

Kentucky Lake is nowhere near what it was the last time they were there. It's full of Asian carp and there is no grass. ACarp being filter feeders is hurting the eco system (phyto plankton) big time.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
I told Kevin last night that he is easily the 2nd best fisherman in the history of the world.

Who would be #1?

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 04:46 PM

Jesus!
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 04:59 PM

Yeah but how many sharelunkers does he have?
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 05:03 PM

ALL of em'!!
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 05:12 PM

Jesus!
flehan
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Insurance man
Jesus!
flehan

+1 for Jesus peep
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 05:32 PM

Jesus!

Ok, good answer, I thought you might have told him Chris Mahfouz, I think he has his autograph!
Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 08:27 PM

This is way funnier than it should be.

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Originally Posted By: Chasin Hogs

That's actually very funny.

Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 08:45 PM

jerk baits, spinner baits, crank baits...

does the man even own any soft plastics?
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 08:50 PM

for the ol man to crank for 4 days straight and not got tired... impressive
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 10:13 PM

I think it was Jason Christie in an interview that said when you watch Bass Live and you think KVD is on a huge school of fish, he isn't. If there is 5 fish there, he will catch all 5 fish. Don't think he is on some mega school out deep because he isn't.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 04/30/18 10:45 PM

He was purposely looking for isolated single fish that most everyone else were overlooking. He was fishing shallower than most guys especially on the main lake stuff
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 05/01/18 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

I think it was Jason Christie in an interview that said when you watch Bass Live and you think KVD is on a huge school of fish, he isn't. If there is 5 fish there, he will catch all 5 fish. Don't think he is on some mega school out deep because he isn't.

I was actually just watching a Swindle video where he is talking about KVD and says the same thing. Such an unbelievable angler.

https://youtu.be/KPm7nNLaUCI?t=7m

That part is at 7min in, but its a great video regardless on having a positive attitude.

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 05/01/18 10:51 AM

When we talk among friends and family about our past accomplishments we end it thinking " the older I get the better I was ", lol. With KVD, the older he gets the better he is. The man is phenomenal and humble at the same time, a deadly combination. You can never under estimate his ability or his determination. GOAT
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 05/01/18 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By: BCBassCat

He does but every time I've seen him pick them up he seems he can't stand it. He can't stand slow baits but I know exactly how that feels. If I throw a worm and it's not getting but pretty regularly I can't stand it and will go to something else. My buddy always laughs at me because he can really slow down like that. I will pick up a jig for 3 cast and put it down.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 05/01/18 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: the skipper
Originally Posted By: BCBassCat

He does but every time I've seen him pick them up he seems he can't stand it. He can't stand slow baits but I know exactly how that feels. If I throw a worm and it's not getting but pretty regularly I can't stand it and will go to something else. My buddy always laughs at me because he can really slow down like that. I will pick up a jig for 3 cast and put it down.

Yes, I saw a show where he resorted to throwing a C-rig and missed a couple bites. He said, "How do you miss them on a C-rig!" Then he looked to see if there were teeth marks on his lead weight. You could tell he was hatin life at that point.

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 05/01/18 12:44 PM

The 1.5 brown craw SqB produced most of his fish, but he also weighed some he caught on a green pumpkin jig. Don't kid yourself. He slows down when he needs to, which isn't very often roflmao He also hates to sight fish but, if that's what it takes, he can do it with the best of 'em.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 05/01/18 12:55 PM

That's scary!

When I fish....I leave a bunch behind, because I can't catch them. I can only get the stupid ones to bite.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 05/01/18 01:01 PM

KVD is just amazing on the water... like the way he's constantly getting better and learning as the day goes along. Changing out hooks is a big thing he does that others might ignore. 25 Wins and could easily see another 5 or more before he hangs it up for good.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 05/01/18 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: bassmanrudy
KVD is just amazing on the water... like the way he's constantly getting better and learning as the day goes along. Changing out hooks is a big thing he does that others might ignore. 25 Wins and could easily see another 5 or more before he hangs it up for good.

5? He77, I can see one coming this week. And I can see him on the tour for another 20 years. He's not 300 lbs and waddling up to the stage like over half the guys he's fishing against. It looks like some of these guys main sponsor is a roach coach.

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 05/01/18 01:27 PM

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 05/01/18 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: bassmanrudy

5? He77, I can see one coming this week. And I can see him on the tour for another 20 years. He's not 300 lbs and waddling up to the stage like over half the guys he's fishing against. It looks like some of these guys main sponsor is a roach coach.

I'm just being conservative! I wouldn't care if he won another 25!! I learn so much from watching him fish.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 05/01/18 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Wes H

I was actually just watching a Swindle video where he is talking about KVD and says the same thing. Such an unbelievable angler.

https://youtu.be/KPm7nNLaUCI?t=7m

That part is at 7min in, but its a great video regardless on having a positive attitude.

That's where I saw it. It was Swindle, I should have known. I just hope Swindle never gives KVD a pep talk, deadly combination.

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 05/01/18 03:13 PM

That was a good video Thanks for posting it!
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 05/01/18 03:43 PM

My only meeting with KVD.
The TTBC was on Fork some yrs ago, our cove was very popular with a number of the pro's VanDam being one of them. As he made his way around our boat dock my neighbour ask him what size S/B he was throwing. Without hesitation Kevin pitched the bait up onto the hand rail landing it perfectly on the narrow rail with ease... I was amazed how easily he did that... He's a really nice guy, we met a few guys fishing in there that week..
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Only man alive with 25 - 05/02/18 11:49 PM

GOAT
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum