Texas Fishing Forum

Jason Christie

Posted By: J.H.S.

Jason Christie - 04/27/18 11:52 PM

Is this a classic hangover or did losing yet another classic on the last day after leading take a more serious toll on him? Never would of dreamed he would finish 97th on Grand lake when the fish are shallow.
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Jason Christie - 04/28/18 12:35 AM

Hopefully he wasn't fishing the past instead of the present. That can happen but usually not to the caliber that he is. I'm sure the story will come out as to why he placed where he did. I feel for him (again for the third time). The 2013 Classic he lost a couple of big fish early and I think that messed with his head. 2016 the fish changed and he kept trying to grind out something and the grinder was empty. We all have done it. I'm sure what ever he did wrong he does or will know and learn from it. All I can say is "Go Christie".
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Jason Christie - 04/28/18 12:41 AM

I’m sure he will figure it out , but it happens
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Jason Christie - 04/28/18 12:55 AM

Hammer for sure, but man has he blown a couple chances at “the one!

Re: Jason Christie - 04/28/18 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: dmr183

You don't get too many chances at "the one" but he's good enough he will. Keep your head up Jason.
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Jason Christie - 04/28/18 01:37 AM

Yup. Seems like he spins out moreso than others
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Jason Christie - 04/28/18 01:38 AM

Eh....he's just having a bad tourney. He'll be in the top 10 in AOY. It happens.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Jason Christie - 04/28/18 01:54 AM

It’s not just Christie. Check out Mike McClelland and Jeff Kriet. All of them are locals in that area. I think McClelland is in around 70th and Kriet is right with Christie. All were expected to do well.
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Jason Christie - 04/28/18 03:09 AM

Grand is not fishing like it should yet. Was up about a month ago for the Costa and it was muddy from one end to the other from the big rains earlier in the year. I was staying with locals that normally do real well but we're struggling to catch 2-3 fish a day. I fished a total of 6 days and caught 3 fish, of course I just suck but my point is that the lake is not normal this year.
Christie is just having a bad run, he will be back sooner than later.
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Jason Christie - 04/28/18 04:07 AM

Originally Posted By: K.D.
It’s not just Christie. Check out Mike McClelland and Jeff Kriet. All of them are locals in that area. I think McClelland is in around 70th and Kriet is right with Christie. All were expected to do well.

95 - 108 are some pretty big names.
Posted By: jcwebb70

Re: Jason Christie - 04/28/18 04:16 AM

sometimes familiarity can be a curse.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Jason Christie - 05/07/18 12:21 AM

Told you he would be OK
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Jason Christie - 05/07/18 12:34 AM

Yes sir. I’m glad to see the rebound.
Posted By: NITRO Z8

Re: Jason Christie - 05/07/18 01:53 AM

You bet he he will be back in full force. Just had some bad breaks as some others have had. He will be back!!
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Jason Christie - 05/07/18 09:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris_K

Yup. Seems like he spins out moreso than others

I think it's the opposite. He doesn't deviate from his game plan. In '16 he stuck with the spinner bait all 3 days. This year, he stayed with the bladed jig all 3 days.
Posted By: Lil joe

Re: Jason Christie - 05/07/18 10:59 AM

At some point in day 3 you would think he would decide it’s tiime to try something else. I know hindsight is 2/20 but isn’t knowing when it’s time to try something else part of being a professional tournament fisherman? All he needed was one more small keeper. If only he would have made a last minute change to fill out his limit. He did not have a plan b at all it seemed.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Jason Christie - 05/07/18 11:48 AM

I don't think he would have known he only needed one small keeper. He thought he needed a solid limit and that's what he was fishing for. Of course now we know that wasn't true.
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Jason Christie - 05/07/18 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: leethefishking
I don't think he would have known he only needed one small keeper. He thought he needed a solid limit and that's what he was fishing for. Of course now we know that wasn't true.

I really like Christie. BUT, he made a huge mistake in the math department. IMHO he still had Evers in his head from a couple of years ago. He went out thinking he may need twenty pounds the last day this year and all but said so. HUH? He had a five pound lead and there were only a couple of bags near twenty the whole tourney. Was he not aware that he in reality the if you do the math he probably only needed twelve to fifteen pounds and he wins. And if someone whacks a twenty one or a twenty three pound sack then hey..congrats. Zona's comment that he not only had a bladed jig rod "stuck to his hand but it was welded to it" was the most telling comment of the show this week.
Posted By: Tony_Wornick

Re: Jason Christie - 05/07/18 02:17 PM

Seems a lot of Elite grade status anglers on here telling Jason how to fish.
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Jason Christie - 05/07/18 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Tony_Wornick
Seems a lot of Elite grade status anglers on here telling Jason how to fish.

Ha ha...No not Elite grade angler. But I did pass math class.
Posted By: HDVS

Re: Jason Christie - 05/07/18 04:51 PM

So what if u do make a change and catch just a keeper and then get beat by a 1/2 pound? Or u make a change and go 2 hours and never get bit? It's easier to live with sticking with where ur confidence is and trying to catch what u think u need to win and fishing as hard u can. I am speaking from experience. I lost the FLW championship with by 3 ounces and only had 4 the last day. I lost the one I needed but I stuck with it the rest of the day bc I had a target weight in my head I needed to win. I probably could have changed and caught a 12 incher but in my head I thought I needed another good fish to win. I made the decision and I can live with that. Just like Jason did and he can to. Do u second guess urself sometime? Yes, but on the water u have to just do what u think is right at the moment. Jason is a great fisherman and great guy. He will have another chance!

Re: Jason Christie - 05/08/18 12:32 AM

The Elites are not MLF. They don't know what everyone else has. Jason does know his math. He knows with his sponsors he can afford to swing for the fences. If he strikes out a couple times he knows he's still going to get to play the game. There is so many on the elites that take the safe road and cash checks. Christie is not a check casher. He along with KVD and a few others are in it to win it.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Jason Christie - 05/08/18 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: H2ODawg67
The Elites are not MLF. They don't know what everyone else has. Jason does know his math. He knows with his sponsors he can afford to swing for the fences. If he strikes out a couple times he knows he's still going to get to play the game. There is so many on the elites that take the safe road and cash checks. Christie is not a check casher. He along with KVD and a few others are in it to win it.

He is a big check casher.

When people cash as many checks as he has then they can second guess him. The guy is a hammer. I bet lot of Elites wish he had stayed on the FLW Tour. Your not going to have much of his money.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum