Texas Fishing Forum

water temps at Ray Roberts?

Posted By: fivebites

water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/26/18 12:31 PM

Anybody been this week? Temps north to south?
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/26/18 12:47 PM

60-66
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/26/18 01:02 PM

North end was more stained water 64-65 Sunday and on the South end it was clearer and down to 61 Tuesday.
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 02:41 AM

I was there today. 64-71. Fishing was as tough as I have experienced. Ever.
Posted By: SWH

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: BCBassCat
North end was more stained water 64-65 Sunday and on the South end it was clearer and down to 61 Tuesday.

I only saw 61 in Wolf Sunday but quit fishing about 1.
Posted By: champRD

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 03:42 AM

Don't try to over sell how bad it's fishing when someone is just trying to get water conditions, that's pretty transparent. Fivebites, go cover some water and you will find some.

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By: champRD
Don't try to over sell how bad it's fishing when someone is just trying to get water conditions, that's pretty transparent. Fivebites, go cover some water and you will find some.

Thanks guys...just looking for temps to make a call on when/where to go this weekend. From the temps I would imagine they're about in the middle of the spawn. Hopefully get on some nice ones! Haven't been on Roberts in a couple of years.
Posted By: Bassdeer

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: fivebites

Thanks guys...just looking for temps to make a call on when/where to go this weekend. From the temps I would imagine they're about in the middle of the spawn. Hopefully get on some nice ones! Haven't been on Roberts in a couple of years.

If you could would you PM me a report after? My BIL is coming in next Wed from Florida and we can't decide to stay local on RR and Lewisville or go to Fork. We went to Fork 2 years ago and did pretty good. Thanks
Posted By: Barrett

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 01:10 PM

Be about 500 boats on the water this weekend. Come join the party.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 02:16 PM

PM sent Fivebites
Posted By: metalruch1

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 02:17 PM

If you have a chance to go to Fork over ol Lew and RR, I would always pick Fork. That being said, both the local lakes are my home lakes and I like fishing them...but Fork is the like the Rose Bowl IMO. It's the Grand Daddy of em all!

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 02:22 PM

That was uncalled for. I actually answered his question. Something you failed to do while making your rude comment. My friend and I fished Roberts for nearly 10 hours yesterday without a single bite. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from fishing any lake. I hope the op goes out there and has a great day of fishing. I was just sharing a report and venting a little. If you don't like it, I don't care. I wasn't commenting to you in the first place. If my answer was somehow offensive to the op, I apologize, for it was truly unintentional.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: scott123456789
Originally Posted By: BCBassCat

I only saw 61 in Wolf Sunday but quit fishing about 1.

Was at pierce Sunday afternoon. The fish we're biting for what that's worth... wish I could fish Saturday. This work thing though...

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Barrett
Be about 500 boats on the water this weekend. Come join the party.

Well that doesn't sound like fun!! Maybe I'll wait til Monday or Tuesday. What tourney is out there? Thanks for the heads up Barrett!

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
PM sent Fivebites

Thanks Ranger!!
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 06:43 PM

TTO & TxTT practice
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 06:46 PM

TxTT is Cinco De Mayo

TTO is this weekend
Posted By: David Burton

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 07:16 PM

TTO will only draw a hundred or so. McKinney Bass Club is out there and we have 20ish boats. Should be fine, until the pleasure boat traffic kicks in. Fish party cove early!

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
TTO will only draw a hundred or so. McKinney Bass Club is out there and we have 20ish boats. Should be fine, until the pleasure boat traffic kicks in. Fish party cove early!

See you tomorrow, David. Good luck!
Posted By: buda13

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 08:52 PM

You might be surprised at how many TTO draws tomorrow. Lots, and I mean LOTS of out of town folks here to prefish for TXTT next weekend.
Posted By: Lbs4thewin

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/27/18 10:53 PM

Good stuff, thanks for the temp and fishing report (always welcome).
Posted By: Barrett

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/28/18 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: buda13

You might be surprised at how many TTO draws tomorrow. Lots, and I mean LOTS of out of town folks here to prefish for TXTT next weekend.

This. You will have as many people fun fishing or prefishinf then TTO has total. Gonna be crowded.
Posted By: Barn

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/28/18 02:45 AM

Temps ranged from 63-72 today. East of Wolf island. Fishing was tougher than expected. Water was murkier than before and some areas have been churned up by wind and carp too.

Still been catching most on chatterbait. Only saw one fish one a bed or trying to protect her areas. She was pretty big but I didn't feel like spending that much time on her.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: water temps at Ray Roberts? - 04/28/18 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Barn
Temps ranged from 63-72 today. East of Wolf island. Fishing was tougher than expected. Water was murkier than before and some areas have been churned up by wind and carp too.

Still been catching most on chatterbait. Only saw one fish one a bed or trying to protect her areas. She was pretty big but I didn't feel like spending that much time on her.

Coordinates? I’m having to go solo, so I could use all the help I can get... roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum