Texas Fishing Forum

30 lb sacks on Conroe

Posted By: gut hooked

30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/23/18 12:26 PM

SE Texas BASS trail hit Conroe Saturday. Big bag and 1st place was 30+. Second place was 20 and change.

I heard of a team event Sunday with 1st place 30+ with (2) 10 lb fish.....

Conroe gonna Conroe.......
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: 30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/23/18 02:42 PM

Toledo had a 33+ in the little Sunday morning tournament. They were biting this weekend
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: 30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/23/18 03:40 PM

The team event was 28lbs for the winners...they had an 8.5 and an 11.5. Solid bag still. Second place was 18.5 lbs...

First place for the SE BASS Tourney on Saturday was 33lbs....the lake fished very tough sunday with that hard north wind all day.

Re: 30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/23/18 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: musiclife_7
The team event was 28lbs for the winners...they had an 8.5 and an 11.5. Solid bag still. Second place was 18.5 lbs...

First place for the SE BASS Tourney on Saturday was 33lbs....the lake fished very tough sunday with that hard north wind all day.

I bagled Saturday unless you count my 5 lb hybrid and my 4 lb goo......

That lake can be tough..

Did you fish this weekend?
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: 30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/24/18 12:06 AM

I couldn't weigh in a 30-pound bag on Conroe if I put an anchor in with them.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: 30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/24/18 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor
I couldn't weigh in a 30-pound bag on Conroe if I put an anchor in with them.
roflmaoI hear yea
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: 30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/24/18 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: gut hooked
Originally Posted By: musiclife_7

I bagled Saturday unless you count my 5 lb hybrid and my 4 lb goo......

That lake can be tough..

Did you fish this weekend?

Yessir. We prefished Saturday for the Team event on Sunday. We had a pattern Saturday dialed in that would have maybe got us to 20lbs. We weren't on anything close to 30 LOL. Sunday came around and we had 3 keepers for 13.6 with an 8.32 in the mix. We had the big bass until the last team weighed in with 2 fish larger than that one. Sunday the north wind was blowing pretty hard until about 3pm. Made fishing really tough. Still had a good time.

Re: 30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/24/18 05:01 PM

who do you fish with? I fish with the Houston Bass Bandits.....
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: 30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/25/18 01:29 AM

We fish for the biggest little fish here on Fork. That, is what real tourney fishing is all about.

Re: 30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/25/18 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: LakeForkLodge
We fish for the biggest little fish here on Fork. That, is what real tourney fishing is all about.

Holy [censored] the mystery is solved.....every tourney should be held on Fork....what a great idea.....truly revolutionary......you sir are a true visionary.......you guys have it rigbt and we should all learn from you.....of course.....why did 't I thnk of that sooner.....i am passing on your idea to the lake selection committee.....I cant wait to hear what to hear what they say

Re: 30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/25/18 04:10 PM

We can only fish the lakes on the trail. This year we fished Coleto Creek, Rayburn, Toledo Bend, Conroe, and we have yet to fish Richland Chambers and Livingston. I would love to fish Fork, but it is not on our schedule.
Posted By: Jim N

Re: 30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/25/18 06:00 PM

Gut Hooked....if ya wanna jump clubs.....mine will be at Fork in June.....LOL
Posted By: BThomas

Re: 30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/25/18 08:59 PM

Conroe has some big fish. It's just finding them is my problem.
Posted By: C130

Re: 30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/25/18 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: BThomas
Conroe has some big fish. It's just finding them is my problem.

Same here, I only catch dinks on Conroe. It seems like everyone catches big fish on Conroe then I only catch the small ones every freaking time I go.

Re: 30 lb sacks on Conroe - 04/26/18 06:55 PM

yeah it seems the fish are concentrated on select structure in the lake. I understand in speaking with some guys who went the jungle that they fished shallow all day and blanked. I have to imagine that deeper structure held the schools that gave up the big fish weighed in the tournament.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum