Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo TX side Giant Salvinia status?

Posted By: Jeralds friend

Caddo TX side Giant Salvinia status? - 04/18/18 02:05 AM

Hi. Wondering if I make the trip to Caddo, and I going to be able to navigate the Texas side from Uncertain out to the main lake areas like Big Green, Sand Isl and etc. I only go there once a year, and it's time. The Giant Salvinia issue across the South breaks my heart.
Posted By: Scott's Creek Skeeter

Re: Caddo TX side Giant Salvinia status? - 04/18/18 02:09 AM

Caddo looks GREAT right now. Haven't seen it look this good in years...
Posted By: Jeralds friend

Re: Caddo TX side Giant Salvinia status? - 04/18/18 02:27 AM

For real? Awesome. Last year, driving from Uncertain to the Sand Isl area, they bayou had it all across in a couple areas, and in the Sand Isl area, there were huge mats making about half of it unfishable. Is it even better than that? And is David and Sara still operating Shady Glade? Thank you so much for the info.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Caddo TX side Giant Salvinia status? - 04/18/18 03:06 AM

It’s really great right now but once it starts heating up I suspect it will be back. They are starting to spray this week already too. Hopefully this will help
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Caddo TX side Giant Salvinia status? - 04/18/18 12:22 PM

I ran from the LA side up A row past buzzard bay then up past johnsons thru government ditch and back last Wed and didn't see any at all!! Where the A row starts twisting before joining the channel last year it was completely socked in but NOT this year! Water is still high and some good current moving too.
Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: Caddo TX side Giant Salvinia status? - 04/18/18 12:29 PM

Freezing weather we had this winter helped out a lot.
Posted By: Crappie Hooker

Re: Caddo TX side Giant Salvinia status? - 04/18/18 01:36 PM

Awsome!!!!! The Triton will be rolling towards ETX from the red dirt far WTX on the 25th. Flukes on and primed.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum