Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool tips

Posted By: TexasMike

Joe Pool tips - 04/16/18 10:44 PM

I am fishing in a Law Enforcement charity tournament this coming weekend at Joe Pool Lake and I need some advice. I am new to the area and have never fished that lake. Any tips would be great so we can show up and kick some fellow police officer's butts.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Joe Pool tips - 04/16/18 10:48 PM

They were biting spinner baits like crazy two weeks ago.
Posted By: BigHead248

Re: Joe Pool tips - 04/16/18 11:00 PM

I am also a Law Enforcement Officer and will also be fishing the same said tournament at the same said lake. I would also appreciate some advice so I can also kick fellow officers butts (including the OP) nannyboo
Posted By: Scott Gordon

Re: Joe Pool tips - 04/16/18 11:53 PM

Look forward to seeing ya'll Saturday!
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Joe Pool tips - 04/17/18 02:30 AM

Guys.. I fished it today.. water temp is still 59-61 and a little stained except at the dam. I caught 6 little ones pretty shallow on the north bank.. just at the end of the Lynn Creek campground. There is a cut there that is fairly deep all the way back. I was drop shotting, watermelon red zoom finesse worms. I caught them before the south wind got up to the 15 or 20 when I left. I'm not sure if the bass are on the bed yet or not.. I fished it 2 weeks ago and the water temp was the same. If its warm the rest of the week, some might move up shallow. The lake is full.. Good Luck
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Joe Pool tips - 04/17/18 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By: BigHead248
I am also a Law Enforcement Officer and will also be fishing the same said tournament at the same said lake. I would also appreciate some advice so I can also kick fellow officers butts (including the OP) nannyboo

If you've fished Waxahachie lately....Joe Pool is fishing the same. Use the same colors and fish the same structure.
Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Re: Joe Pool tips - 04/17/18 03:43 AM

It’s fishing good, just beat the banks. I’ll be there Saturday also.
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Joe Pool tips - 04/17/18 06:14 AM

Wish I could be there. We’re up on pickwick. Good luck fellas

Re: Joe Pool tips - 04/17/18 04:03 PM

Thanks for the advice. I hope the weather allows us to get some fishing in.
Posted By: high planes drifter

Re: Joe Pool tips - 04/17/18 08:16 PM

I still fish Joe Pool like a deep water lake. I like to following the creek channels that run along the west side of the main lake and use my electronics to find the schools of bass. You won't catch them in large numbers, but the bass are considerably larger. I like to run a swimbait through them first to see if I can get them to hit and then follow up with a green pumpkin worm.
Posted By: HOSEMAN JD

Re: Joe Pool tips - 04/18/18 12:20 AM

Donuts would be helpful.

Re: Joe Pool tips - 04/20/18 06:03 AM

Well they have POSTPONED the tournament so we will just have to wait a few weeks and kick yalls butts later.
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: Joe Pool tips - 04/20/18 10:11 AM

Originally Posted By: TexasMike
Well they have POSTPONED the tournament so we will just have to wait a few weeks and kick yalls butts later.

Now that it’s postponed I’ll probably be able to fish it, so if you’ll kindly forget all those tips I sent you roflmao
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Joe Pool tips - 04/20/18 04:07 PM

FF will win it. popcorn

Re: Joe Pool tips - 04/21/18 12:22 AM

They will probably reschedule on a weekend I work.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum