Texas Fishing Forum

EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE! BASS PRO SHOPS GRAPEVINE SERIES EVENT # 3 - LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND!

Posted By: Scott Gordon

EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE! BASS PRO SHOPS GRAPEVINE SERIES EVENT # 3 - LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND! - 04/14/18 11:48 AM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
APRIL 14, 2018

EVENT CANCELLATION - BPS GRAPEVINE SERIES # 3 LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND!

Most of you have learned by now that the THSBA made the decision to reschedule their "Regional Championship" on top of our series qualifier at Lake Lewisville on Sunday April 22nd. I only learned of this yesterday afternoon when several of our anglers called and/or messaged me to advise of this development. Unfortunately nobody from THSBA took any time to give me a courtesy call to advise of their intention!

Just to clarify for our membership / anglers, when I originally planned our 2018 schedule I made it a point to NOT schedule any of our events on the same dates as the THSBA (including other regional trails) to avoid conflicts, and more importantly allow many of you who have committed to being a boat captain for THSBA anglers to not have any conflict with our schedule. It is for that very reason that I have cancelled our upcoming series event at Lake Lewisville on April 22nd. This event will be rescheduled!

I have always supported high school bass fishing and will continue to do exactly that. The THSBA have built an outstanding program as evident by the explosive growth throughout Texas. These kids have worked very hard to qualify for the upcoming championships and they are the future of the sport we love. So we will step aside and reschedule our Lewisville event. I will advise on the new date as soon as I have selected it and initiated the permit process.

I thank you all for your continued support and understanding of why I was forced into making this decision. In over a decade of hosting tournaments I have never had to deal with a situation as "unfortunate" as this one.

Tight Lines!

Scott Gordon
Tournament Director
Posted By: jerkinlips

Re: EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE! BASS PRO SHOPS GRAPEVINE SERIES EVENT # 3 - LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND! - 04/14/18 12:18 PM

Well said.
Posted By: Brad Dunn

Re: EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE! BASS PRO SHOPS GRAPEVINE SERIES EVENT # 3 - LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND! - 04/14/18 12:58 PM

Class act.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE! BASS PRO SHOPS GRAPEVINE SERIES EVENT # 3 - LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND! - 04/14/18 01:32 PM

This is why you are the best in the business Scott!!! As stated above you are world class and it shows in your tournaments and how you handled this situation and ultimately putting the kids and other anglers first.
Much respect, Dustin Rogers.

Re: EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE! BASS PRO SHOPS GRAPEVINE SERIES EVENT # 3 - LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND! - 04/14/18 01:46 PM

Thank you for the kind words and support! Appreciate each of you!

Re: EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE! BASS PRO SHOPS GRAPEVINE SERIES EVENT # 3 - LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND! - 04/14/18 03:20 PM

ttt

Re: EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE! BASS PRO SHOPS GRAPEVINE SERIES EVENT # 3 - LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND! - 04/14/18 07:55 PM

ttt
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE! BASS PRO SHOPS GRAPEVINE SERIES EVENT # 3 - LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND! - 04/15/18 02:29 AM

I don't know you Scott but cheers you are a good man.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE! BASS PRO SHOPS GRAPEVINE SERIES EVENT # 3 - LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND! - 04/15/18 03:23 AM

Tough situation Scott. Sorry it came to that. Hopefully "others" will learn from their poor behavior to consider consequences first before making a decision that affects a lot of other people. Best of luck

Re: EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE! BASS PRO SHOPS GRAPEVINE SERIES EVENT # 3 - LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND! - 04/15/18 05:25 PM

Thanks Tom!
Posted By: 5bigfish

Re: EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE! BASS PRO SHOPS GRAPEVINE SERIES EVENT # 3 - LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND! - 04/15/18 06:17 PM

Class Act Scott.

If only Mark Jones would have let you run the Lone Star trail just think how successful it would be these days
😂😂😂😂😂
Posted By: BThomas

Re: EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE! BASS PRO SHOPS GRAPEVINE SERIES EVENT # 3 - LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND! - 04/15/18 06:22 PM

Re: EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE! BASS PRO SHOPS GRAPEVINE SERIES EVENT # 3 - LAKE LEWISVILLE - SUNDAY APRIL 22ND! - 04/16/18 04:34 PM

ttt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum