Texas Fishing Forum

LAKE TAWAKONI

Posted By: Ty Burns

LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 03:56 PM

I'm fishing the Bass Champs tournament out there in May.
That being said, I have never fished the lake before, so I'm looking for some help.
Those of you that are fishing the Bass Champs can give me some false information, those of you not fishing the Bass Champs can give me some true information, I'll have to figure out which ones are true.LOL.

Thanks
Posted By: T Bird

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 03:59 PM

5. ** INFORMATION **: Other than using publicly-available information (e.g. newspaper reports and internet reports) No fishing information may be purchased, bartered, solicited or received from any person who entered official tournament waters during the established off-limits period for all Bass Champs team qualifying events, specifically including, but not limited to, an ineligible partner as described in rule 3 & 4 above.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 04:00 PM

I don't think you're allowed to receive any info.

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 04:01 PM

Sorry, didn't see T Bird's post.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94

Think the key to that rule is the off limits period. I doubt the lake is off limits yet if the tournament is in may.
Posted By: Jerm321122

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 04:21 PM

Only during off limits
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 04:27 PM

Its Tawakoni, drop your trolling motor and start covering water. A good map or map chip will show you where and how to run as well as good spots to fish. Fun lake to fish, loaded with fish and not terribly hard to navigate.

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: JCBfromTHF
Originally Posted By: bigbass94

Think the key to that rule is the off limits period. I doubt the lake is off limits yet if the tournament is in may.

My mistake
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bird
5. ** INFORMATION **: Other than using publicly-available information (e.g. newspaper reports and internet reports) No fishing information may be purchased, bartered, solicited or received from any person who entered official tournament waters during the established off-limits period for all Bass Champs team qualifying events, specifically including, but not limited to, an ineligible partner as described in rule 3 & 4 above.

If it's posted on this (or any other public) forum, it's open season and fair game for anyone. Use the "search" feature and type in "Tawakoni"
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 05:01 PM

You literally need to throw your bait up on the dirt and bring back in. Tawakoni fish are always SHALLOW
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: TinRangerJim

If it's posted on this (or any other public) forum, it's open season and fair game for anyone. Use the "search" feature and type in "Tawakoni"

you can even use the info from people that were on the water DURING the off-limits period "IF" it, the info, comes in the form of "publicly-available" (ie: newspaper, social media, TFF forum internet reports etc etc

Tawakoni IS NOT as easy as they make it out to be. Got a 6th place check one year in Bass Champs event with only 9 pounds.

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: flukeman83
Originally Posted By: TinRangerJim

you can even use the info from people that were on the water DURING the off-limits period "IF" it, the info, comes in the form of "publicly-available" (ie: newspaper, social media, TFF forum internet reports etc etc

Tawakoni IS NOT as easy as they make it out to be. Got a 6th place check one year in Bass Champs event with only 9 pounds.

The Tawakoni of a few years ago after the drought and the Tawakoni of today are lots different. Lakes change. Tawakoni is a ton better these past couple of years than it was then. Tournament results show that.
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 09:03 PM

Fish deep with fresh cut shad..... wait too obvious im giving non champs info.

Seriously though, lots of hazards mid lake south of the bridge. I would not just take off running it. Find the lanes and follow someone till you are comfy.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 09:07 PM

The fact that everyone says fish shallow is a dead giveaway you should fish deep
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 09:11 PM

Pay up with a guide trip with Jimmy Smith. You'll be glad you did but make sure it's legal. Otherwise head to Rabbit Cove and learn every bit of it.

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Pay up with a guide trip with Jimmy Smith. You'll be glad you did but make sure it's legal. Otherwise head to Rabbit Cove and learn every bit of it.

Rabbit Cove during Bass Champs is a boat show.

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Should I have given him coordinates to all my spots ? Was just trying to get him started someplace and that was a place to start.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 09:49 PM

Duck
Hawk
Rabbit
Deerstand
Squirrel
Holiday
Wolf
Hickory

There this should get you started

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Should I have given him coordinates to all my spots ? Was just trying to get him started someplace and that was a place to start.

Why so defensive? No one said it was a bad spot or you gave bad info. Just pointing out its a ton of boats in there during Champs.
Posted By: skins84

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 11:46 PM

Yes, you should give him all your coordinates. eek

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/12/18 11:49 PM

Sorry Mark, when you said it was a boat show I thought you meant that as a negative. Since he said he had never been on the lake and Rabbit is easy to get to I thought it might give him a place to get his feet wet so to speak. If I told him where some of my brush piles are and he then told some others about them next thing you know I'd have to go sink more brush. That happened to me on Fork.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/13/18 02:26 PM

If the wind is over 25 mph you are guaranteed to sink your boat and die

Posted By: David Burton

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/13/18 02:33 PM

But you’ll be out there this weekend anyway, eh Doug? bang

See ya tomorrow!

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/13/18 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
If the wind is over 25 mph you are guaranteed to sink your boat and die

Posted By: Ty Burns

Re: LAKE TAWAKONI - 04/17/18 04:07 PM

Thanks everybody, I appreciate the GOOD & THE BAD info.
RANGER 1 & GIG'EM AGGIES y'all gave me what I was looking for, a place to start.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum