Texas Fishing Forum

Braving PK

Posted By: Desertfish

Braving PK - 04/10/18 09:59 PM

Well i took off off work and am planning on pk thursday through sunday. I hear the wind is suppose to blow and a good coldfront on saturday. I am awesome at pickin my days off for the lake lol. Any suggestions for descent areas for staying out of the wind when its outta the south then outta north? Hows the fishin been down there lately? Its been a while since ive been down that way. Any info for not gettin blown off the lake and any patterns that have been workin would be much appreciated. I know saturday should be interesting with that front.
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Braving PK - 04/10/18 10:16 PM

It's a river lake with high terrain around. You should be able to find protected water throughout the lake. Don't stay out of the wind too much though, the fish will be using it to feed.
Posted By: JJHunts

Re: Braving PK - 04/10/18 11:46 PM

Plenty of places to get out of the wind.

Re: Braving PK - 04/11/18 12:39 AM

Glad to hear im not gonna have to worry about the wind too much. I appreciate the info and i probably should use that wind to my advantage. Anybody been lately? Water temp? They on beds yet? I was thinkin throwin some texas rigs and chatter chatterbaits around to start... saturday prolly have to go a little more finesse. Descent plan?
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Braving PK - 04/11/18 12:49 AM

just fish a weightless worm in the shallow bushes, they're still there. they have been on the beds for a while so post spawn bass around the points should be hungry, too
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: Braving PK - 04/11/18 12:55 AM

Anything Texas rigged and watermelon-seed worked last weekend in high winds out of the north and south.

Re: Braving PK - 04/11/18 01:00 AM

I appreciate all the info
Posted By: k.l.white

Re: Braving PK - 04/11/18 02:06 AM

I captained a high school tourney there in November. 30 mph gusts out of the north. Any north-south creek was a beating but east-west creeks weren't too bad. And crossing the bends in the lake was a death wish. If the wind is up, choose your ramp wisely!
Posted By: RudiTexas

Re: Braving PK - 04/11/18 05:24 AM

PM sent
Posted By: J-2

Re: Braving PK - 04/11/18 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By: criglizard
It's a river lake with high terrain around. You should be able to find protected water throughout the lake. Don't stay out of the wind too much though, the fish will be using it to feed.

thumb
Posted By: Andrew Murphy

Re: Braving PK - 04/11/18 02:20 PM

Water temp SAT and SUN was 53-55.
Posted By: RudiTexas

Re: Braving PK - 04/11/18 03:12 PM

Depends where you are I’ve found water in the 50’s and in the 70’s. Post spawn fish to be caught on top water and prespawn fish to be caught on tight wobble cb’s

Re: Braving PK - 04/11/18 06:59 PM

Excellent. Sounds like i have a variety of options the next few days
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum