Texas Fishing Forum

Rayburn Grass in Caney/Veach area????

Posted By: BigTxBassMan

Rayburn Grass in Caney/Veach area???? - 04/09/18 11:34 PM

We're planning on fishing the McDonald's tourney but won't be able to make a scouting trip. I know the lake has been going up and down some lately and I was wondering how the grass is doing?
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Rayburn Grass in Caney/Veach area???? - 04/10/18 01:25 AM

Don't know about the current grass situation but this guy gives a good report www.KenSmithFishing.com on Rayburn

I fished Veach area in mid-March and all kinds of vegatation in that area.
Posted By: kevine80

Re: Rayburn Grass in Caney/Veach area???? - 04/10/18 02:09 AM

was in veach and five fingers last weekend only hay grass ---little more hydrilla in indian creek area --water is so dadgum high !
Posted By: BigTxBassMan

Re: Rayburn Grass in Caney/Veach area???? - 04/11/18 02:07 AM

Come on guys!! 400+ views and no body will say word a about the hydrilla in Caney? Surely somebody has been in Caney in the last month.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Rayburn Grass in Caney/Veach area???? - 04/11/18 02:14 AM

I haven't been up that arm or really on the lake much. Last time I was up that way I didn't find a ton of grass. Lots of short stuff and scattered but not really fish holding grass. I know it's all dying on the other arm and not helping the fishing at all. Need it to clear up so it will get going again.
Posted By: BRZX200

Re: Rayburn Grass in Caney/Veach area???? - 04/11/18 03:54 AM

I have not been in 2 months, but in February Indian had plenty of grass. Caney area was full of grass last fall, but not sure now. With the water 4 feet high, it’s probably still there just not visible.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Rayburn Grass in Caney/Veach area???? - 04/11/18 12:16 PM

Once it gets this high it starts to all die. Happens ever time.
Posted By: saibling

Re: Rayburn Grass in Caney/Veach area???? - 04/11/18 01:29 PM

Lake steadily rising, some grass died during winter with low water, however plenty of hydrilla. The rising water makes it easier to fish so you can fish over grass instead of punching. Good luck during Mcdonalds.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Rayburn Grass in Caney/Veach area???? - 04/11/18 06:03 PM

Whatever grass there was is now about 3.5 ft further under the water than it was, 3.5 over pool. The grass I've be fishing would be in someone back yard. I may get to my lake house this weekend if I can get shook loose from work and fish some myself. If I'm not mowing grass and planting flowers, which is the down side of having a house near a lake.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Rayburn Grass in Caney/Veach area???? - 04/11/18 08:38 PM

there's grass in harvey and many points north, not sure about veach/caney.
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Rayburn Grass in Caney/Veach area???? - 04/12/18 01:14 AM

its there. Everywhere! probably too much
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum