Texas Fishing Forum

Fish Fork tomorrow or scuttle and fish next weekend?

Posted By: Brocephus

Fish Fork tomorrow or scuttle and fish next weekend? - 04/08/18 02:23 AM

ABSOLUTELY DYING TO GO FISHING.... Haven't been fishing in months, haven't been to Fork in over a year, and I have the proverbial "hall pass" for tomorrow, but we had that cold front roll in, and it hasn't warmed up like we thought. Wind looks okay, and I can deal with the cold, but the question is, will it be worth it?

Risk having stubborn fish due to temp drop, low pressure, but take the bird in hand, or get the IOU hall pass and hope for better weather next weekend?

I hate these decisions! Help a brother out....
Posted By: Taylored

Re: Fish Fork tomorrow or scuttle and fish next weekend? - 04/08/18 02:39 AM

You know as well as I do that the iou hall pass don't always work out as you wish. I'd say fish any time you can!

Re: Fish Fork tomorrow or scuttle and fish next weekend? - 04/08/18 02:42 AM

Exactly Taylored..... A bird in the hand....
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Fish Fork tomorrow or scuttle and fish next weekend? - 04/08/18 02:54 AM

Can’t catch ‘em if you don’t go..

Re: Fish Fork tomorrow or scuttle and fish next weekend? - 04/08/18 03:16 AM

Like like the Oklahoma guy from SPSW Fishin' Report haha...

I've been convinced to wait and go next weekend.... Hopefully that will work out.
Posted By: Deputy T

Re: Fish Fork tomorrow or scuttle and fish next weekend? - 04/08/18 10:45 AM

Do it!!!!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Fish Fork tomorrow or scuttle and fish next weekend? - 04/08/18 11:48 AM

My boat is still in the shop so I couldn't go if I wanted to, and I don't, but I'd save my gas for a warmer day. I'm afforded the luxury of being able to go anytime I want and I don't need to practice my casting so I'll wait but if you're limited as to when you can go and today or tomorrow is that day then you need to go. Those bass have to eat regardless and while you may get a little chilly it could be well worth the trip for you. thumb

Re: Fish Fork tomorrow or scuttle and fish next weekend? - 04/08/18 05:28 PM

Well I didn't go, mostly because the friend I enlisted to go with is a total wuss....

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next week.

Anyone go today? Do any good?
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Fish Fork tomorrow or scuttle and fish next weekend? - 04/08/18 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Brocephus
Well I didn't go, mostly because the friend I enlisted to go with is a total wuss....

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next week.

Anyone go today? Do any good?

Doubt you missed anything buddy, got some great weather on the way next week. You'll be glad you waited.
Posted By: rscustomrods

Re: Fish Fork tomorrow or scuttle and fish next weekend? - 04/09/18 03:26 AM

The swimbait bite was really Good Friday and Saturday. Someone posted in another post that an under won the swimbait only tournament. That would be shocking to me if true. I had my dad with me in the boat Friday and he is in his late seventies and he stuck a nice over. Saturday I only had slots but know of at least three overs caught on swimbaits. It was cold and the wind made for a pretty rough run but it was worth it....at least for me
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum