Texas Fishing Forum

Fish Attractant Question

Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Fish Attractant Question - 04/07/18 09:18 PM

For those who use liquid fish attractant, do you ever soak your lures (hard or soft ones) in the liquid for hours, days, etc.?
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Fish Attractant Question - 04/07/18 09:48 PM

I put a couple of drops in the pastic bag that the soft plastics come in. Loasts for weeks, if it is good smell 'em good. Use them on hard baits occasionally, but not often. I normally put it directly on teh bait, let it dry and then fish it. Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck. OH, I use Donald Harpers mixes.

Thad Rains
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Fish Attractant Question - 04/07/18 10:29 PM

I do it a little on the heavy side as I want the baits leaving a trail in the water. Every bait gets a couple of drops every 30 mins. or more often if it is a hard top water or crank bait.

-My spook stays in a baggie over night and gets dosed often while fishing.
-My spinner baits and jigs carry living rubber skirts so they hold the scent really well; but still get extra every 30 mins.
-All my hand poured plastics are poured with it in the pour then the package is dosed. They also get extra while fishing.
-The baits get the natural scents: Minnow - Night Crawler - Crayfish.
-I like a little Garlic in the bag with the Crayfish trailers so I use Craylic on those.

I will be coming out with a new scent soon for Lizard type baits and some of the larger Swim baits that will be the Salamander Extract. We are trying to find the closest supplier to my Biotech, where the Pure Extracts are made and tested.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum