Texas Fishing Forum

Smoke on the Water

Posted By: Kay Dyson

Smoke on the Water - 04/07/18 05:13 PM

A strong North wind is cooling the surface water off in a hurry here, heavy looking steam clouds in Penson rolling over the water
You can see the progression, started near the back, now its smoking up to mid way out.. I'll be curious to see how much it's dropped...
Just an FYI...
I'm inside chowing down, waiting on MLF to come on, yeah, I'm not that mad at them...
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/07/18 06:32 PM

I'm with ya Billy. In the den right now where it's comfortable doing a little tackle organizing and spooling reels. I've definitely become more of a fair weather fisherman.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/07/18 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
A strong North wind is cooling the surface water off in a hurry here, heavy looking steam clouds in Penson rolling over the water
You can see the progression, started near the back, now its smoking up to mid way out.. I'll be curious to see how much it's dropped...
Just an FYI...
I'm inside chowing down, waiting on MLF to come on, yeah, I'm not that mad at them...

I always knew you was a smart man and you just proved me right. I'm getting the snacks ready to watch the Masters and warm as toast. thumb
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/07/18 08:21 PM

Hell I am making a fire in the fireplace right now! Bump going outside!!
Posted By: 361V

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/07/18 08:33 PM

Just drove over Pat Cleburne. Heavy fog on the water. Looked like old Monticello. Air temps 30 degrees below water temps.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/07/18 09:04 PM

Fished 8 hours today. Water temps dropped from 68-69 at 6am to 64-65 by 2 pm.

Fish started out very shallow1-2ft .....and during the course of the day, they had moved out to 6-8 ft.

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/07/18 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Fished 8 hours today. Water temps dropped from 68-69 at 6am to 64-65 by 2 pm.

Fish started out very shallow1-2ft .....and during the course of the day, they had moved out to 6-8 ft.

You need a therapist.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/07/18 09:28 PM

I’m laying new vinyl plank floors in the bathroom. Taking a break before I get to cabinet and toilet cuts.

Snug as a bug in a rug.

I envy you guys that live on the water and pick to choose the highest percentage days and times. thumb
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/07/18 09:32 PM

I thought this was about Bryan Thrift
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/07/18 09:33 PM

It was a good day for me to fix sinks and bathtub faucets.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/07/18 11:19 PM

well unlike most of you I was standing by at Lake Fork Marina waiting for a fish to be brought to the live release boat at the Swim bait tournament.

When the second shift came along I did make it home to see the MLF.

If South Carolina thinks that by hosting those pro's on Lake Murray would make anyone want to come there in the summer they need to do some thinking about the "winning" weight of 12 LB for an 8 hour tournament.
Posted By: RHP

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/08/18 02:22 AM

48F degrees at Lake Conroe with 3-4 foot waves and steam coming across the main lake. Beautiful in a strange way but only a fool would be on the water today.
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/08/18 02:39 AM

Ray Roberts looks more like Squaw today. It was bad.
Posted By: John Stockman

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/09/18 11:56 AM

I fished a kayak tournament on Lake Worth Saturday. With all the fog rolling on the water, the reeds and the biting fish I kept getting confused thinking I was on Fairfield LMFAO.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/09/18 12:08 PM

Just an FYI...

Hey Brother,

I got high-centered on a stump about 1/2 mile north of the second set of power lines in Birch last night about dark. Can you come throw me a rope??!!

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/09/18 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Just an FYI...

Hey Brother,

I got high-centered on a stump about 1/2 mile north of the second set of power lines in Birch last night about dark. Can you come throw me a rope??!!

Call Bill Kells he'll come getcha.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/09/18 01:21 PM

Just an FYI...

Hey Brother,

Brave aren'tcha, lol.. You ask a lot, but, I'm on my way..... grin
Posted By: daddystog

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/09/18 01:59 PM

Fished a club Tournament Saturday with a 3 Fish limit took 21 lbs to win and over 15 lbs to even get a check water was still 64 degrees
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/09/18 04:14 PM

I fished from 6a-noon today.
34° at launch.... lot's of fog on the water. Water temps ranged from 59° to 62°....it was chilly.
Caught a few bucks cruising.
Should have slept in.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/10/18 02:40 AM

Fished Fork Saturday in JC Outdoors, got colder all day and was flat miserable after that gully washer we got around 10 am.

Water temps were anywhere from 57 to 64.5. Got 12-15 bites caught 11 fish and 9 keepers, just not the right ones, LOL

It was miserable, to say the least!!!
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/10/18 03:38 AM

We fished from daylight to dark Saturday except for going in briefly to check into our cabin on Sandlin at lunchtime. It was about 45 degrees when we launched and 39 when we came in at 1:00 p.m. Same thing, fog on the water when the 15-20 mph wind didn't blow most of it away. Brrrrrr...
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/10/18 04:27 AM

dang! thought you were opening a BBQ shack on your dock!!! i was about to start spending lots of time on your end of the lake!! roflmao Hope you and Mrs Kay are doing well Billy!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Smoke on the Water - 04/10/18 11:06 AM

Just an FYI...

Hey Brother,

Brave aren'tcha, lol.. You ask a lot, but, I'm on my way..... grin

I knew I could count on you Billy. Please hurry, I am down to my last can of vienna sausage!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum