Texas Fishing Forum

Peg question

Posted By: StormVet

Peg question - 04/06/18 02:35 AM

What’s the difference in a shaky head and pegging a bullet weight against the bait? In the swimming pool both have the same action and both lay on the bottom the same.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Peg question - 04/06/18 02:43 AM

A quality stand up Shakey head will do just that. Stand up on the bottom and the straight tail worm sticks straight up
Posted By: Jaden Oberkrom

Re: Peg question - 04/06/18 09:29 PM

Hook on a shakey head is elevated in water column. TX rigs will drag horizontally. I use flat head shakey heads so the worm stands up more
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Peg question - 04/06/18 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
A quality stand up Shakey head will do just that. Stand up on the bottom and the straight tail worm sticks straight up

Bingo. Also, it helps if the soft plastic floats. Baits that don't have salt in them tend to not sink very much.
Posted By: StormVet

Re: Peg question - 04/07/18 12:08 AM

All true but wouldn’t it be wiser to flip with a shaky head?
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Peg question - 04/07/18 02:16 AM

I don't know about wiser but I do sometimes. I will throw a stand up jig with a lizard or fluke into beds during the spawn. Gives the bait a nose down look. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't just like any other flipping bait. I think that when you refer to shaky head people are usually talking about a very light weight head with light line for finesse tactics. Equipment usually not associated with flipping or pitching.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Peg question - 04/07/18 02:57 AM

Drag a shaky head like a crig keeping tension.hop a t-rig that's how it's done.there's a guy in the. Classifieds mbury21 that sells some sweet shakes heads
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum