Texas Fishing Forum

Chatterbait

Posted By: kagomez85

Chatterbait - 04/06/18 02:09 AM

This has probably been mentioned before. What are yalls go to colors for chatterbait? I throw a spinnerbait quite a bit and seems my go to always seems to be white or white/chartreuse. Wanting try some chatters just wondering if I should stick to my normal colors or venture off to black/blue or pumpkin color. I mostly fish Palestine.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 02:30 AM

You only need 2 colors. White w/gold blade white trailer and a green pumpkin w/black blade green pumpkin trailer
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 02:57 AM

Swing by Porter's Sporting Goods. They have a good selection of Thumpers. White w/ silver blade around the shad spawn, White/Chartreuse w/ gold works, Rayburn Red is a great early season color, and the Bluegill color is really good on that lake too. I've caught a lot of good fish on black/blue and green pumpkin, but haven't been to Palestine enough to try those colors. I usually throw what Jason Burton says is working out there.
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 06:15 AM

Green pumpkin caught my 14.59, my favorite color
Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 11:30 AM

Always have two rigged up. Green pumpkin and also black/blue
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
You only need 2 colors. White w/gold blade white trailer and a green pumpkin w/black blade green pumpkin trailer

+ black for nighttime fishing.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Jpurdue

+ black for nighttime fishing.

Jimmy Houston said, The good Lord made night time for two things & fishing ain't one of em!"
roflmao

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 11:57 AM

I'm not a professional angler nor am I sponsored by any bait companies but you owe it to yourself to try the Nasty Thumper in Juvenile Gizzard Shad color.

http://www.finchnastybaitco.com/Home/Item/CS12JG
Posted By: Troyz

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
I'm not a professional angler nor am I sponsored by any bait companies but you owe it to yourself to try the Nasty Thumper in Juvenile Gizzard Shad color.

I second the vote for Juvenile Gizzard Shad color. One of the best colors for me
Posted By: O.C.A.

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Alex Finch
Swing by Porter's Sporting Goods. They have a good selection of Thumpers. White w/ silver blade around the shad spawn, White/Chartreuse w/ gold works, Rayburn Red is a great early season color, and the Bluegill color is really good on that lake too. I've caught a lot of good fish on black/blue and green pumpkin, but haven't been to Palestine enough to try those colors. I usually throw what Jason Burton says is working out there.

In irving??
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 02:23 PM

This
Posted By: redraider4life

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 02:28 PM

It don't matter..I have yet to catch a fish on one anyways!
Posted By: ClarkBird

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 02:59 PM

I'm liking these from 9K Elite Lures

Posted By: KingOutdoorsCo

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 04:55 PM

This but I will throw black/blue as well.

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: O.C.A.

In irving??

Porter's is on Palestine. If he's in Irving, I'd recommend Fun N' Sun in Hurst and Fishin World in Dallas.

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Troyz

I second the vote for Juvenile Gizzard Shad color. One of the best colors for me

I can 3rd that! It's been one of the better colors this year for sure.
Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 07:16 PM

Any discount for TFF members ? Free shipping .........?? banana
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 08:37 PM

Great color and bait.
Posted By: Jaden Oberkrom

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 09:15 PM

Green pumpkin with red flake!
Posted By: greenen

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 09:26 PM

Done.
Posted By: hurricanecraig

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 09:28 PM

What kind of trailer are y'all throwing on it?

Re: Chatterbait - 04/06/18 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Any discount for TFF members ? Free shipping .........?? banana

I will look into getting a code set up. Shipping has always been free for everyone on orders $75 and over. The TFF is one of the places that helped me start the company.

The pricing on the Thumpers is very fair. I've covered component cost increases without a shelf price increase over the last 4 years.

Re: Chatterbait - 04/07/18 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: hurricanecraig

I've thrown a bunch of different trailers. I can tell you that the Thumper is sensitive to trailers. When the water muddied up, I had a bit of luck with the Keitech Fat models. As it started to clear a little, the old faithfuls started producing. Old faithfuls for me are the LFT Live Magic Shad, Zoom Split Tail and Buddy's Custom Baits swim ripper. I havent had a chance to throw the Horny Toad, but it's been good to me over the years also.
Posted By: toofy

Re: Chatterbait - 04/07/18 12:36 AM

In irving??

Porter's is on Palestine. If he's in Irving, I'd recommend Fun N' Sun in Hurst and Fishin World in Dallas.

Or just stay on your couch and order it off the internet for the same price or cheaper. Not sure what the benefit is of going to a store.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Chatterbait - 04/07/18 02:14 AM

I've thrown a bunch of different trailers. I can tell you that the Thumper is sensitive to trailers. When the water muddied up, I had a bit of luck with the Keitech Fat models. As it started to clear a little, the old faithfuls started producing. Old faithfuls for me are the LFT Live Magic Shad, Zoom Split Tail and Buddy's Custom Baits swim ripper. I havent had a chance to throw the Horny Toad, but it's been good to me over the years also.
I'd think it would be the other way around.but I tend to think to much

Re: Chatterbait - 04/07/18 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: toofy

In irving??

Or just stay on your couch and order it off the internet for the same price or cheaper. Not sure what the benefit is of going to a store.

We ship pretty quick too. I will always recommend a dealer that is close to where they live or fish. If I'm buying something for the first time, I hope I can get my hands on it first. I have a garage full of things that don't get used, because I bought before I saw.

Re: Chatterbait - 04/07/18 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: bradnitro175

I'd think it would be the other way around.but I tend to think to much

That makes two of us, Brad. The Thumper is an erratic lure. I'd think the disturbance would help them locate it better in muddy water. My experience this Spring was to the contrary, though.

Re: Chatterbait - 04/08/18 02:22 AM

Here's a little Thumper fishy from two weeks ago.

Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Chatterbait - 04/08/18 03:35 AM

The Bluegill thumper has been working very good on Palestine. I have been using a Strike King rage tail as a trailer lately with some great bites. Like Alex said, Porters is well stocked with them right now. As the shad spawn nears, you need to stick up on Finch Nasty swim jigs. I promise those fish will chomp a white swim jig!!
Posted By: Sunbae

Re: Chatterbait - 04/10/18 08:12 PM

My current go-to is a green pumpkin Jackhammer or Thumper with a matching Zako or Razor Shad. Will dye the tail chartreuse.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum