Texas Fishing Forum

What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You?

Posted By: Jpurdue

What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/04/18 05:57 PM

How often do you fish? How long is your average outing? What is your goal when bass fishing?
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/04/18 07:54 PM

Can't really vote on the 3rd poll due to the fact during late spring to early fall then in winter I normally spend about 3/4 of my trips in the salt. Bass fishing I never take any home and some days it's all ahou t 5 some it's about just enjoying the day with as many as I can get. Saltwater though, those reds specks and flounder are being ate.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/05/18 03:03 AM

Man there a lot of 31-75 votes. Where do you find the time.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/05/18 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: SAKS

52 weeks a year (x2) gets you there pretty quick even if you take a month off. Then you have holidays and vacations. That's just the 'weekend angler' talking!

I have a boat, and I am going to use it!
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/05/18 03:13 AM

Just tournys and working man tournys that’s close to 30. Then add pre fishing and fun fishing. Then December to February mostly depends on the weather on the days I can go.
Posted By: Bass N Beer

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/05/18 03:16 AM

I have a boat too, however, I have to work for a living, so I get out once a month for 6 hours on average.
Posted By: photofishin

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/05/18 07:08 AM

another question that influences the poll but wasn't asked...should be near the top of the list:

Are you Married?
(yes)
(no)
(unsure because I'm on the water so much I never see home)
(yes and wish she would let me have a boat so I could actually fish versus just browsing fishing forum polls)
Posted By: wagonwheel

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/05/18 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By: photofishin
another question that influences the poll but wasn't asked...should be near the top of the list:

Are you Married?
(yes)
(no)
(yes and wish she would let me have a boat so I could actually fish versus just browsing fishing forum polls)

The trick is (at least for me) get her hooked on bass fishing. She wants to go as much as I do!
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/05/18 10:43 AM

I need some tips wagon. Got my wife going some as that was my plan to get more licks in, but it takes my normal 7-10 hours on the water down to about 4 hours, 3 hours if bite is slow or its a little chilly etc.
Posted By: fordnut

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/05/18 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: wagonwheel
Originally Posted By: photofishin

Are you Married?
(yes)
(no)

The trick is (at least for me) get her hooked on bass fishing. She wants to go as much as I do!

cheers Right here with ya! mine is usually the one that gets ancy to go.
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/05/18 12:12 PM

Living 45 minutes within 7 different lakes help!
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/05/18 12:22 PM

Well being single helps!(Though looking to change that soon). My local club has 11 tourneys in a year and I usually get 1 or 2 prefishing trips in so that's around 30 already. Then I live like 8 mins from a lake so if I get off work I can go for a few hrs. Then with Texas being so close I fish the power plant lakes a lot in the cooler months. I fish ponds and also some 2 day Opens so it adds up quick. Yeah around 50-60 is prob a good spot for me overall but varies. I just love being on the water its my "de-stress" tool!
Posted By: criglizard

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/05/18 01:16 PM

Feels like I fish more than 50 times a year but according to my logs that isn’t usually the case. Right around 50 full day trips each year.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/05/18 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass N Beer
I have a boat too, however, I have to work for a living, so I get out once a month for 6 hours on average.
That's me except I'm probably a once every 2 months guy.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/05/18 02:11 PM

Being single definitely helps. Getting married really didn't slow me down that much. I got one that let's me do what I want so I was lucky that way. The kid is really what slowed me down especially as he got older. My life pretty much revolves around work and getting him to baseball. It is all good though, I love that stuff. He is a stud also, so maybe he will make it and love his old man enough to let me retire early.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: What Kind of Bass Fishermen Are You? - 04/05/18 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass N Beer

Oh, I work... But it is an office job and I am a senior technical lead, so my on-call is usually escalation or advice/decision based. I can do that from the lake if needed.

Yes, I am single (ugh, hopelessly so) and I fish big bass tournaments, charity events, and two bass clubs, 9-10 months out of the year. Lately my vacations have revolved around these trips.

That doesn’t mean I am any good... lately I suck as a tournament angler!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum