Texas Fishing Forum

culling pins

Posted By: TexasMo

culling pins - 04/03/18 08:40 PM

I see where a lot of the pro angler are using the clip style culling tags.... last time I tried some of those.. they would not stay..

Which ones are you guys using? Hate poking holes in their mouths a second time....

Mo
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: culling pins - 04/03/18 08:41 PM

http://qwik8baits.com/store/omega-pro-conservation-culling-system/
Posted By: Chasin'Bass

Re: culling pins - 04/03/18 08:47 PM

Bass made it a rule that anglers could only use non-penetrating culling rings & I use the T&H marine & haven't had a problem.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/T-H_Marine_G-Force_Conservation_Cull_System/descpage-CONCUL.html
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: culling pins - 04/03/18 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasMo
I see where a lot of the pro angler are using the clip style culling tags.... last time I tried some of those.. they would not stay..

Which ones are you guys using? Hate poking holes in their mouths a second time....

Mo

But it's ok to rip some lips, lol ?

Re: culling pins - 04/03/18 09:00 PM

Mo

yea.. just wanting to know which ones are holding up...

not that I ever catch enough fish to actually use them... but just in case I get lucky.. LOL
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: culling pins - 04/03/18 09:22 PM

Literally just bought the new Cali Coast 2.0 set at TW. Gonna use them this week and at Champs. They look very well made and easy to use with one hand. I think they made clips smaller with this new version.

Gonna keep an open mind and see how they work.

Re: culling pins - 04/04/18 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Mo

But it's ok to rip some lips, lol ?

for a hook setting.. heck yea.... but for culling... we could be better.... AKA: clamps full culling
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: culling pins - 04/04/18 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Chasin'Bass
Bass made it a rule that anglers could only use non-penetrating culling rings & I use the T&H marine & haven't had a problem.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/T-H_Marine_G-Force_Conservation_Cull_System/descpage-CONCUL.html

Which BASS Events are you fishing this year?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: culling pins - 04/04/18 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Literally just bought the new Cali Coast 2.0 set at TW. Gonna use them this week and at Champs. They look very well made and easy to use with one hand. I think they made clips smaller with this new version.

Let us know what you think. Considering those clips myself.

Re: culling pins - 04/04/18 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Brent S

I ordered some for this weekend.... now just need to actually catch some fish to use them...

Mo
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: culling pins - 04/04/18 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Brent S

I have the 1.0's and love them. Have had them for a year with no issues. I just spoke with them about the 1.0's to see if they had a replacement clip since 1 one of mine broke (my son's fault) and they are sending me out a set of 2.0's for a replacement.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: culling pins - 04/04/18 06:09 PM

I ordered some for this weekend.... now just need to actually catch some fish to use them...

Mo

That's .... gonna be the problem! grin
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: culling pins - 04/04/18 07:53 PM

I had those last year and they didnt open wide enough to clip on a large mouth. I got them on some small mouth but they fell off in the well.

Are the new style wider now?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum