Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Trophy Lures

Posted By: hookedon

Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 04/03/18 07:54 PM

Are they still open? Almost everything on their website is out of stock
Posted By: basscatmo

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 04/03/18 10:46 PM

Not much of a tackle company anymore IMO.
Posted By: hookedon

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 04/03/18 11:54 PM

Agreed
Posted By: Doing it for the fans since 71

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 04/04/18 12:20 AM

something going on here?
Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 04/04/18 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: basscatmo
Not much of a tackle company anymore IMO.
How?
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 04/04/18 02:25 AM

call to order, they arent very tech savy, AFTER you call youll really know what I mean...

She took my order, walking all over to check inventory as I was ordering.
She said she would call me back with a total and to get my card... I said oh I can give you my info just send it.
She then called and left me a voicemail with the total.
When I got my order there was a note that one thing wasnt available in the color I ordered and so she didnt want to send the wrong thing and since I didnt answer her call she sent the order without it..

All was good to me, but definitely not what I expected. AND I had been to their actual location about two months ago when I was fishing fork.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/03/18 05:43 PM

Wow, Sounds like they are going down hill. I haven't bought any LFT stuff since Mark left.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/03/18 06:34 PM

I pretty much buy M Pack and Smash Tech now.
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/03/18 08:17 PM

I believe they have went down hill since they fired Mark but it is just a little karma coming down. They had a guy running things who really didn't know beans about fishing he could just talk a good story and lie like a rug.
Posted By: jwcromer

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/03/18 11:49 PM

thought Mark owned the place
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/03/18 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: armadillo joe
I believe they have went down hill since they fired Mark but it is just a little karma coming down. They had a guy running things who really didn't know beans about fishing he could just talk a good story and lie like a rug.

Who fired him??

The word on the street (actually a county road) was they pretty much stole his company from him
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/03/18 11:55 PM

They don't keep much stocked in the store anymore, it ain't what it used to be.
Posted By: skins84

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/04/18 12:07 AM

I'm in there several times a week and they're still running plenty of plastic. My perception is that most of it is going to
retailers as fast as they can run it. Doesn't leave much for the shelf. They UPS man stops there every day and stays for awhile loading boxes.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/04/18 01:11 AM

popcorn2
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/04/18 02:38 AM

Magic shad keeps them going. That thing is in every tackle shop I've ever been in
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/04/18 03:43 AM

Mark's partner fired him he got a little money out of the deal but he was who made the place. Mark is doing just fine with M-Pack lures they are a very fine product I have not been in the place since I left the liar has also been in a couple of other places.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/04/18 07:35 AM

I fished with a guy who said he was part owner. I gathered after couple times of fishing he was more
Of a investor. He made is sound as if they couldn’t make enough stuff they were constantly shipping to many orders. I can’t remener his name. Tall black hair and glasses if I remember right
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/04/18 09:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Originally Posted By: armadillo joe

Who fired him??

The word on the street (actually a county road) was they pretty much stole his company from him

That is what I heard as well
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/04/18 11:58 AM

They lost most of my business once they discontinued the CrawTube which was my go to bait for many years and they discontinued some colors of some of my other favorite baits. I guess they just outgrew the individual retail customer.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/04/18 03:09 PM

Pack had a nack for producing a product almost any angler could catch fish with... Without him to bring fresh designs and creations its dropped off a lot.
I haven't bought any LFT products in a long time, say what you will, but, my guy is rolling out fresh designs all the time.. Thank you Jerry. grin cheers
Posted By: LakeTylerMan

Re: Lake Fork Trophy Lures - 05/04/18 11:42 PM

Too bad all that stuff happened. But man that Hyperworm really works great. I love them!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum