Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo

Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Caddo - 04/03/18 03:33 PM

Been hearing from a few folks that the lake is looking good and the salvinia seems to have subsided quiet a bit, anyone been out there? I know the lake is up and with more rain coming it may stay up. I haven't been in a couple of years due to the salvinia but if its not bad I may get out there.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Caddo - 04/03/18 03:43 PM

I was there Sunday and lake is still "up" but dropping fast. Water temps were hitting 70* by the time I left. The lake is looking good and I'm not seeing nowhere near the salvania like in the past. Granted I didn't make it up the Texas side where the heavy stuff was last year.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Caddo - 04/03/18 03:57 PM

Caddo is in great shape since we had couple high water sessions. I’ve been lucky enough to have my 3 last trips being over 25lbs with my best going little over 31lbs. With water dropping and rising it tends to make the slot fish bite more often then none. Hopefully the salvania will stay gone.

Our biggest deal is the salvania is sinking to bottom yearly and our lake keeps getting shallower and shallower ever year.

Re: Caddo - 04/03/18 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: bassmanrudy
I was there Sunday and lake is still "up" but dropping fast. Water temps were hitting 70* by the time I left. The lake is looking good and I'm not seeing nowhere near the salvania like in the past. Granted I didn't make it up the Texas side where the heavy stuff was last year.

That's what I was wondering, if it was on the Texas side or not, Im hearing different things.
Posted By: BASS COACH

Re: Caddo - 04/03/18 04:20 PM

Caddo is fishing real good right now. I have been able to fish some areas I haven't been into in years! Get out there and have a good time!

Re: Caddo - 04/03/18 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: BASS COACH
Caddo is fishing real good right now. I have been able to fish some areas I haven't been into in years! Get out there and have a good time!

Can you launch and stay away from, relatively speaking, the salvinia at Johnson's Ranch?
Posted By: BASS COACH

Re: Caddo - 04/03/18 04:46 PM

No Salvinia there....Lake looks great!
Posted By: mudd

Re: Caddo - 04/03/18 05:07 PM

You can launch at Johnson’s and drop troller and catch all the fish you want or run out to main lake and catch them. Salvania isn’t an issue anywhere I’ve been this year
Posted By: BAJackson16

Re: Caddo - 04/03/18 09:22 PM

Like others have said. Now is the time to fish caddo. I try to make it up there once a year. I fished the big bass tourney last saturday. I hadnt' been on the lake in 2 years. I was following my navionics trails from years past and just about got lost in some pockets--it just looks so different than the recent years. There is so much more fishable areas right now. You can get into alot more pockets that were normally choked out by salvania. I wish it would stay away. Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum