Texas Fishing Forum

Shakeyhead and Fluke question

Posted By: LeonSulak

Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 03/31/18 08:31 PM

I have two questions that I hope havent been beaten to death.

What colors are the tried and try for the shakeyhead in clear water or in muddy?

How do you rig your Fluke?
Thank you in advance
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 03/31/18 08:43 PM

Can’t help with shakeyhead question. Don’t fish one too much but when I do, it’s just a normal jig head and worm. No secret.
Title said fluke question but I didn’t see one.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 03/31/18 08:55 PM

Clear water... anything watermelon

Muddy water...I like June bug or chartruse
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 03/31/18 09:33 PM

I use a Grande Bass baby rattlesnake in ssabednarg color in clear or muddy water on every lake I fish. Haven't found anything better.
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 03/31/18 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
I use a Grande Bass baby rattlesnake in ssabednarg color in clear or muddy water on every lake I fish. Haven't found anything better.

Would you pronounce ssabednarg for me. JK LOL

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 03/31/18 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: retdbasser

Would you pronounce ssabednarg for me. JK LOL

Sure ssabednarg, lol. That really is a color, it's grandebass spelled backwards and they are fish catching son-of-guns. Try'em if you can find'em.
Posted By: stringwise

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 03/31/18 11:04 PM

Don’t fish a shakey head in muddy water. It is a visual lure.
Posted By: BNKrust

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 04/01/18 12:20 AM

Watermelon or green pumpkin fluke rigged with a swivel and 18" leader. I use a small split shot or two, depending on wind and water conditions.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 04/01/18 12:34 AM

I fish a fluke weightless on a 4/0 wide gap hook. Same set-up for my "senkos", so easy to swap baits on same rig. If I stick with the fluke, I do like BNK and add a swivel in-line to prevent line twist.

YouTube "Double Fluke Rig". That's a fun rig to throw if you get into some schoolers.
Posted By: Dosser

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 04/01/18 01:22 PM

Fluke weightless on 4/0 hook. Baitfish or watermelon red

Shakyhead 1/8oz Green pumpkin, watermelon red, red shad are my go to colors. Red shad works for me in dirtier water, but I haven't tried in muddy water
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 04/01/18 02:46 PM

and I thought I was the only one that fished a weightless fluke in watermelon red on a 4/0 hook.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 04/01/18 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: stringwise

I guess the good thing about bass fishing is that everyone has a little different take on things. I fish a shaky head in muddy water all the time. Especially this time of year. Shaky head pitched around heavy cover with a black and blue or black and red craw or creature bait will get you bit.

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 04/01/18 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

I guess the good thing about bass fishing is that everyone has a little different take on things. I fish a shaky head in muddy water all the time. Especially this time of year. Shaky head pitched around heavy cover with a black and blue or black and red craw or creature bait will get you bit.

Me too. Actually all lures are visual lures.
Posted By: stringwise

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 04/01/18 07:40 PM

Me too. Actually all lures are visual lures.

LOL, wow, crazy that not even the basics are understood on a bass fishing forum. Ever heard of night fishing?
Posted By: Marooned

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 04/01/18 10:05 PM

Shaky head: 1/8 oz. jig head with a 4" Yum Dinger, green pumpkin with chartreuse tail. This green pumpkin color is quite a bit darker than other brands and the chartreuse tip is very bright. My go-to bait!
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 04/02/18 12:24 AM

I have never gotten bit on that color but their Trophy Hunter color is one of my top go to colors. I have the trophy hunter color in everything they make. I even made me some jig skirts to match their trophy hunter craw craw.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 04/02/18 12:26 AM

Do you mostly use craws and creature baits on a shaky head?
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 04/02/18 12:18 PM

This time of the yr seems like the craw and creature baits work better than the worm type baits most days. However, if you look a the whole yr I use a zoom trick work on a shaky head more than probably any other plastic. Just have to figure out what they want on a given day.
Posted By: TexasTechBassAngler

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 04/02/18 03:58 PM

Shakey head clear water go with watermelon red or something natural like that, muddy water go with black or maybe green pumpkin with the tail dipped in chartreuse

I think fishing a Fluke weightless T rigged on a 3/0 hook is tough to beat. But I've also caught plenty of fish t rigging and c rigging one too
Posted By: J-SPENCER

Re: Shakeyhead and Fluke question - 04/02/18 06:46 PM

fluke- pearl or watermelon
shaky- watermelon or green pumpkin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum