Texas Fishing Forum

Elite on Sabine River Delayed (Now Postponed)

Posted By: Monty Wright

Elite on Sabine River Delayed (Now Postponed) - 03/29/18 11:51 PM

BASS Elite on Sabine River Delayed

Quote:
Due to weather conditions in and around Orange, Texas, B.A.S.S. has decided to delay the start of the Bass Pro Shops Bassmaster Elite at Sabine River presented by Econo Lodge. "We have conferred with authorities there to get the best information and forecasts we can," Tournament Director Trip Weldon said in a note to Elite Anglers Thursday. "River levels are predicted to crest along the Sabine and Neches sometime tomorrow or Saturday, depending on the location."

Weldon said B.A.S.S. will continue to monitor the situation and talk to authorities prior to making a decision Monday whether to hold the event next week. He said "safety is the utmost consideration" and may require postponing the event until sometime further into the future.

If the tournament begins next week, practice days will be Wednesday-Friday and competition will be held on Friday-Tuesday. Competition was originally supposed to begin Friday.

Pretty sure it's a typo and competition would be Saturday - Tuesdays
Posted By: Barn

Re: Elite on Sabine River Delayed - 03/30/18 12:05 AM

The tournament days, which were originally scheduled to be April 6-9, will now be April 7-10 with the final day of competition taking place on a Tuesday.

http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/...ay#.Wr1_W38h2Uk
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Elite on Sabine River Delayed - 03/31/18 12:41 AM

The tournament has now been postponed to a later date

BASS Sabine Postponed
Posted By: MurraynTx

Re: Elite on Sabine River Delayed - 04/03/18 10:10 AM

I will be surprised if they come back to Sabine. Going to take a long time to get back to normal.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Elite on Sabine River Delayed - 04/03/18 11:30 AM

As long as orange keeps dishing out the money they will keep coming back.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Elite on Sabine River Delayed - 04/03/18 02:28 PM

Why...?
So many other good lakes in Texas that have the metro access and venues to handle the event
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Elite on Sabine River Delayed - 04/03/18 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Mudbone
Why...?
So many other good lakes in Texas that have the metro access and venues to handle the event

Because the Sabine is awesome. Why wouldn't they go back?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Elite on Sabine River Delayed - 04/03/18 02:45 PM

Why...?

Because B.A.S.S. has a contract with the hosting venue. And that venue draws BIG crowds.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Elite on Sabine River Delayed - 04/03/18 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: MurraynTx
I will be surprised if they come back to Sabine. Going to take a long time to get back to normal.

And more rain coming.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Elite on Sabine River Delayed - 04/03/18 03:35 PM

Why...?

They've tried hosting big tourneys in north texas over and over, the crowds never show, BASSfest at texoma was a ghost town, TTBC on Ray Roberts was worse. I don't think the bassmaster top 150 on lewisville or the major on eagle mountain/benbrook did good either. I think the only decent crowd they had was Megabass back in the 80's on white rock lake but the fishing was terrible.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Elite on Sabine River Delayed - 04/03/18 04:03 PM

I think the Elite 50 went so well on Lewisville that it is the reason the other events were tries in the north/northeast Texas area. I was there all 3-4 days and it had a great turnout each day. They also had a bigger than normal Expo set up for a regular season event too which helped.

The Eagle Mountain deal was a www.bassfan.com event. It just had BASS/FLW anglers in it.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Elite on Sabine River Delayed - 04/03/18 07:01 PM

Why...?

$$$$$ They could care less about the fishing as long as it makes money.
Posted By: Neches

Re: Elite on Sabine River Delayed - 04/03/18 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Why...?

They've tried hosting big tourneys in north texas over and over, the crowds never show, BASSfest at texoma was a ghost town, TTBC on Ray Roberts was worse. I don't think the bassmaster top 150 on lewisville or the major on eagle mountain/benbrook did good either. I think the only decent crowd they had was Megabass back in the 80's on white rock lake but the fishing was terrible.
wait a minute. I remember one of them catching a pair of underwear. Ya don’t get to see that every day.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Elite on Sabine River Delayed - 04/04/18 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
The Eagle Mountain deal was a www.bassfan.com event. It just had BASS/FLW anglers in it.

I was talking about this one https://www.bassmaster.com/results/tournaments/2006-major-memorial/1
Originally Posted By: Neches
wait a minute. I remember one of them catching a pair of underwear. Ya don’t get to see that every day.

Yes not sure what they were thinking, they should have just moved the finals hole course to lake Halbert
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Elite on Sabine River Delayed - 04/04/18 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

I was talking about this one https://www.bassmaster.com/results/tournaments/2006-major-memorial/1
Originally Posted By: Neches

Yes not sure what they were thinking, they should have just moved the finals hole course to lake Halbert

We got to help out with that one too. Fun times. Probably the only time I will ever see my name on the BASS page with Ike and the other guys.... roflmao

https://www.bassmaster.com/day-two-guides-analysis-0

https://www.bassmaster.com/day-two-guides-analysis-0
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum