Texas Fishing Forum

SI transducer mounting

Posted By: Nick From Minnesota

SI transducer mounting - 03/26/18 08:57 PM

So last year, we were down fishing at Fork and while driving over a stump, It took out my humminbird transducer. Clean off and tore my cable.

As we were looking around at other, MUCH nicer boats in the area, I don't see the massive SI transducers sitting off the back. Where do you guys, who fish a lot of stump fields, mount your big transducers for the rear electronics? How do you keep them from breaking off when navigating the stumps?
Posted By: Walls

Re: SI transducer mounting - 03/26/18 09:15 PM

Google "transducer shield". Mine is mounted to the bottom of my hole shot plate.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: SI transducer mounting - 03/26/18 09:19 PM

I use a spring back bracket from transducer shield and saver. You can also Mount to a jack plate if you have one. If you do mount to jack plate you will need a separate 2d transducer for on plane 2d readings. Depending on boat type a shoot thru tducer would be better
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: SI transducer mounting - 03/26/18 09:53 PM

Transducer Shield and Saver in Alabama has a transducer bracket that mounts to your jack plate and it's a wonderful invention. Those SI/DI transducer are pretty long and mounted low on the transom are bound to get knocked loose sooner or later. Mounting them to the jack plate solves the problem.
Posted By: Rog

Re: SI transducer mounting - 03/26/18 11:30 PM

For those of us with out a jack plate the struggle is real. I tore off several along with a stern saver trying to mount that totalscan ducer to read while on plane and have the patches because of it. Solution I found was to surface mount on the step with this. https://www.amazon.com/Lowrance-000-12602-001-StructureScan-Skimmer-Flush/dp/B01GL793LM Can use screws or epoxy. New rangers have them mounted on that big step at cabellas if you want to go see one. Do a google search there are some pics showing what others have done. Btw pulled the stern saver off running around 60mph and talked to another guy that did the same. Just too much drag to read on plane on those big ducers if not mounted perfect.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: SI transducer mounting - 03/27/18 12:43 AM

In between the jackplate on the right side
Posted By: wild bill

Re: SI transducer mounting - 03/27/18 12:48 AM

Transducer shield..........I fish the upper end of Palestine and have no problems with my side image transducer hanging off the back of my aluminum boat. Best money I spent in some time

wild bill
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum