Texas Fishing Forum

Where can you run on Bob Sandlin ??

Posted By: Russell J

Where can you run on Bob Sandlin ?? - 03/23/18 12:32 PM

Going to Sandlin tomorrow for the first time in 35 years. Can someone please advise where you can run on that lake? I think I recall trees in the middle of the lake west of the 21 bridge but I'm sure like other lakes they're all broken off and under the water.

Thanks in advance
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Where can you run on Bob Sandlin ?? - 03/23/18 12:46 PM

Do a search. There have been several maps posted with the boat lane market. In short, you are right there are trees in the "middle" of the lake. The boat lane runs pretty much down the middle of them.
Posted By: BAllen91

Re: Where can you run on Bob Sandlin ?? - 03/23/18 01:06 PM

Trim it high and let it fly!

In all seriousness though, you can run the whole lake you just have to switch sides from one side of the bridge to the other. I figured it out the first day I was out there so its not too hard. Its been about a year since I was there, I can't remember exactly and don't want to tell you wrong.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Where can you run on Bob Sandlin ?? - 03/23/18 03:16 PM

Someone posted this awhile ago. It's accurate (the map, I have not plugged in the numbers).

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zC6tOpn_xH_s.k5KtvRTXsKYE
Posted By: River Rocket

Re: Where can you run on Bob Sandlin ?? - 03/23/18 10:58 PM

The map is good. Far west side after the 21 bridge needs to be respected. Between 21 and the railroad bridge can be run down the center. You will see people running into the coves and cuts do so at your own risk. Some spots are clear and others are not. Some lanes exist and on the south side you can run off of shore if you know where to run. Between the railroad bridge and the dam its wide open except for right across from the city park and launch. You will see the poles sticking out.
Posted By: golferflash

Re: Where can you run on Bob Sandlin ?? - 02/23/21 07:25 PM

Perfect thank you!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum