Texas Fishing Forum

Toledo Bend Texas Boat Lane Markers

Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Toledo Bend Texas Boat Lane Markers - 03/19/18 01:52 AM

Well I was up there Thursday thru Saturday and launched in Carrice to fish the oilman's. We fished there for a while and decided to run south a little ways.

Wow, is there anyone minding the lane markers on the Texas side. If I had not had the Boatlanes add-on for my graph we'd still be idling around. From Carrice to Palo Gaucho there were several missing, or 100 yards out, or only sticking up a foot. Saw one in the back of a creek by an old marina near Alpine.

I know this has been beat up before, but in the little I ran it was ridiculous. Oh and to top it off when we came out of Palo Gaucho to go weigh-in at Cypress Bend on Saturday, some dude a couple hundred yards ahead of us ran over the red one marking the intersection of Spring Hill and Palo Gaucho, what a tool.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Toledo Bend Texas Boat Lane Markers - 03/19/18 02:16 AM

They weren't that bad until this last rain brought the lake up quick. The LA side is so much better though
Posted By: rut-roe

Re: Toledo Bend Texas Boat Lane Markers - 03/19/18 02:22 AM

I asked the guys that work for SRA working at pleasure point site 15 about the buoys and they said the guy over the Texas side don’t fish and he does not care about the missing buoys they said if you find one on La side missing just call office and it would be replaced .

Re: Toledo Bend Texas Boat Lane Markers - 03/19/18 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: rut-roe
I asked the guys that work for SRA working at pleasure point site 15 about the buoys and they said the guy over the Texas side don’t fish and he does not care about the missing buoys they said if you find one on La side missing just call office and it would be replaced .

Sounds like he might need to maybe do his job. If I knew who to call I'd give them a ring.

And yep LA got there stuff together over there.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Toledo Bend Texas Boat Lane Markers - 03/19/18 11:57 AM

It's been like that as long as I can remember, particularly the stretch mentioned above. SRA Texas isn't real concerned about it obviously. Louisiana on the other hand has their side marked perfect. Guess that's where they spent all there money since their roads are terrible haha
Posted By: mudd

Re: Toledo Bend Texas Boat Lane Markers - 03/19/18 12:28 PM

Least there was some markers... We didn’t have a problem but every time I’ve been to Toledo Texas side I’ve seen markers gone lol
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Toledo Bend Texas Boat Lane Markers - 03/19/18 12:59 PM

Gotta imagine those buoys are not cheap. And anglers constantly run over them. Its a loosing battle. I know I have hit the pvc ones on the la side whilst running in heavy waves.

Re: Toledo Bend Texas Boat Lane Markers - 03/19/18 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
It's been like that as long as I can remember, particularly the stretch mentioned above. SRA Texas isn't real concerned about it obviously. Louisiana on the other hand has their side marked perfect. Guess that's where they spent all there money since their roads are terrible haha

I think you hit that one on the head Jaret!

Originally Posted By: BMCD
Gotta imagine those buoys are not cheap. And anglers constantly run over them. Its a loosing battle. I know I have hit the pvc ones on the la side whilst running in heavy waves.

Bryan I did that in Negreet one time in the wind! Simple and cheap way to build them out of PVC.

Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Toledo Bend Texas Boat Lane Markers - 03/19/18 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: 721Phoenix
If I knew who to call I'd give them a ring.
Probably:
450 TX-135 Spur, Burkeville, TX 75932
(409) 565-2273
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Toledo Bend Texas Boat Lane Markers - 03/19/18 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

Louisiana side is marked better for quicker runs so their catch is fresh as possible for the fryer...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum