Texas Fishing Forum

Big Lou water Temp

Posted By: JohnnyCakes

Big Lou water Temp - 03/19/18 12:09 AM

Did anyone fish Big Lou this weekend? What is the water temp? I fished the Big Bass Tournament in Conroe last weekend and blew a tire, ruined a hub and only got one small check that won't cover the repairs.

Asking for the temp, cause I may fish next weekend
Posted By: BTwrestle04

Re: Big Lou water Temp - 03/19/18 12:14 AM

Fished it Saturday. The fishing was terrible. Temps were anywhere from 55-60. 55 In the main lake and 60 in the Pier 121 cut.
Posted By: JohnnyCakes

Re: Big Lou water Temp - 03/19/18 12:27 AM

Thanks! I have enough fixed to fish this coming weekend. Guess I'll start shallow

Re: Big Lou water Temp - 03/19/18 01:39 AM

I honestly think they are deeper. We focused mainly on shallow water that has produced in the past. I think the lake is like 2-3 weeks behind than normal for this time of year. They are letting a lot of water out and I think that is really messing with them, but who the hell knows what these fish are thinking. If you need a partner, let me know. Always down to fish the local lake with someone else. My boat or yours.
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Big Lou water Temp - 03/19/18 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: BTwrestle04
I honestly think they are deeper. We focused mainly on shallow water that has produced in the past. I think the lake is like 2-3 weeks behind than normal for this time of year. They are letting a lot of water out and I think that is really messing with them, but who the hell knows what these fish are thinking. If you need a partner, let me know. Always down to fish the local lake with someone else. My boat or yours.

Agree with the water release rate. The river under 121 was rolling last week. I think the Corp is releasing as fast as they can going into the spring.
Posted By: Phototex

Re: Big Lou water Temp - 03/19/18 01:24 PM

Please pardon my ignorance, but what is "Big Lou?"

Re: Big Lou water Temp - 03/19/18 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Phototex
Please pardon my ignorance, but what is "Big Lou?"

Lewisville Lake
Posted By: Phototex

Re: Big Lou water Temp - 03/20/18 07:57 PM

Thank you. I might have understood "Big Lew." Duh.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum