Texas Fishing Forum

Guess I should just quit!

Posted By: B.K.S.

Guess I should just quit! - 03/18/18 06:48 PM

Bought a new trolling motor and went with a Fortrex instead of the game changer!How am I going to keep up and catch fish!
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/18/18 06:50 PM

I bought my fortress just a few weeks before the ultrex came out. Wish I had waited.
Posted By: greenen

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/18/18 06:53 PM

After having Motorguides all my life my first Fortrex is still a game changer.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/18/18 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: B.K.S.
Bought a new trolling motor and went with a Fortrex instead of the game changer!How am I going to keep up and catch fish!

Easy, just follow someone around who has a Ultrex. roflmao
Posted By: lodell23

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/18/18 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: greenen
After having Motorguides all my life my first Fortrex is still a game changer.
truth
Posted By: jwcromer

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/18/18 09:47 PM

my rule is don't upgrade,then you don't know what you have been mising
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/18/18 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: jwcromer
my rule is don't upgrade,then you don't know what you have been mising

Good grief,..now you tell me. bang
Posted By: Bassdeer

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/18/18 10:22 PM

It will still catch fish in a Derby
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/18/18 10:55 PM

I finally broke my Ultrex today.

Broke the right side cable. They are sending me two new ones......@$44 shipped. To me, it's not worth the down time to go through warranty hassles. Kinda cool to break a cable, and keep on fishing and winning big bass. Kinda weird to use the remote all day though. It would still work, spot lock, advanced auto, etc. just no foot steering.

It was my fault though. I banged it into a rock.

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/18/18 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

But wouldn't that just make the guy who just spent 3000 dollars on the game changer mad if the poor guy behind him was catching fish he missed?LOL

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 12:18 AM

But wouldn't that just make the guy who just spent 3000 dollars on the game changer mad if the poor guy behind him was catching fish he missed?LOL
no....but I bet the guy with the $3000 Ultrex would be mad when he found out he overpaid. grin
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 12:44 AM

Ultrex is for people who can’t run a trolling motor and catch fish
J D stir
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: basscaster46
J D stir

Or is the Fortrex, for guys that can’t afford an Ultrex? stir

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 01:08 AM

J D stir

I take it you are a old school bass slaying bad [censored]?

You live in Red Oak.....you can afford to buy an Ultrex.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 01:21 AM

Now wait a minute, a Ultrex doesn't cost 3 grand, I paid $2059.00 for mine and no sales tax or shipping. Seriously, a Ultrex is just another tool to help you catch fish like a $$$ Shimano or a $$$ G Loomis. You can catch'em without it but it helps and makes it easier. My Ultrex makes my boat move from spot to spot and once there keeps me on that spot. And that's all I have to say about that. thumb
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 01:21 AM

You're toast man, give up and find something else to do crazy I'm enjoying mine
Posted By: BTwrestle04

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 01:36 AM

Congrats. You bought an inferior product and came on the forum to brag about it.

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: BTwrestle04
Congrats. You bought an inferior product and came on the forum to brag about it.
the Fortrex isnt inferior. It was the standard of excellence for years. It is a different trolling motor. One with the basics done really well. But, just the basics, is usually less expensive.

BKS....
Don't beat yourself up over it though. I know some great guys with ugly wives. I don't think less of em.
Posted By: BTwrestle04

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 01:50 AM

I'm not beating myself up over it at all. The OP just seems to want to drum up controversy that doesn't need to exist. My Ultrex is great. I spend less time on the pedal and worrying about my boat position.

I'm also not the one to make a post about it claiming I catch more or less fish because of it.

Maybe I should quit fishing as well because I haven't invested in Power Poles? Let me make a new thread about that...
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 02:34 AM

Now wait a minute, a Ultrex doesn't cost 3 grand, I paid $2059.00 for mine and no sales tax or shipping. Seriously, a Ultrex is just another tool to help you catch fish like a $$$ Shimano or a $$$ G Loomis. You can catch'em without it but it helps and makes it easier. My Ultrex makes my boat move from spot to spot and once there keeps me on that spot. And that's all I have to say about that. thumb

Where are they 2059?
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 03:06 AM

Don’t feed the trolls!

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 03:07 AM

I'm not beating myself up over it at all. The OP just seems to want to drum up controversy that doesn't need to exist. My Ultrex is great. I spend less time on the pedal and worrying about my boat position.

I'm also not the one to make a post about it claiming I catch more or less fish because of it.

Maybe I should quit fishing as well because I haven't invested in Power Poles? Let me make a new thread about that...

Some of you take things way too serious,yes I had a little fun because all you read about is the game changer.I could afford one If I was so inclined,but couldn't justify it myself,but hey that's just me.so don't get butt hurt because someone else was having a little fun,the TFF is not all about being so serious and by the way I do have 2 power poles.Lighten up and enjoy the ride!

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 03:09 AM

Easy there big fella,next you're gonna tell me my Triton sucks!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

BKS....
Don't beat yourself up over it though. I know some great guys with ugly wives. I don't think less of em.

roflmao

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
the Fortrex isnt inferior. It was the standard of excellence for years. It is a different trolling motor. One with the basics done really well. But, just the basics, is usually less expensive.

BKS....

No actually I married up,She's the one that comment would be for.LOL
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 12:27 PM

popcorn
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 12:44 PM

A Fortrex is a heckuva trolling motor. Maybe not a game changer, but I've caught many bigguns and a occasional donkey with it.
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: joebass2
A Fortrex is a heckuva trolling motor. Maybe not a game changer, but I've caught many bigguns and a occasional donkey with it.

Whoa... You've caught a fish with a trolling motor?

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: FlatBack4

My Ultrex has caught every fish for me since I bought it. I couldn't catch a bass at all now days if I had anything else. The thing has buttons for flipping, pitching, c rigging, ....you name it. It catches fish in every way.

Edit....

Just don't try to turn it 360 degrees when you are hung on a rock. The power steering is stronger than the foot pedal cables. "Pop"!

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 11:32 PM

So you caught a fish without a game changer ? You can’t be posting that propaganda on here some will get but hurt .
J D stir

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/19/18 11:44 PM

So you caught a fish without a game changer ? You can’t be posting that propaganda on here some will get but hurt .
J D stir

Their ain’t nothing wrong being old school.

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/20/18 03:05 AM

J D stir

Their ain’t nothing wrong being old school.

That's What I'm Talking About!
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/20/18 03:21 AM

If you had an ultrex instead of being 10th in AOY in champs, we would be top 5 lol
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/20/18 03:25 AM

I think an inferior product would be a cane pole. And since when is it not okay to be proud of something you worked hard for and bought. Maybe it’s not an ultrex, but I’m willing to bet that ultrex never put a fish in the boat without someone who actually knew how to fish.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/20/18 03:41 AM

Did pretty good with the old 1986 Motoguide for 4 days solid last week - moves kinda slow but lasts all day. Now if there are any extra Ultrex’s (Ultri ?) our there just send one my way. And I’ll give it a try. smile
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/20/18 04:11 AM

Some of you take things way too serious,yes I had a little fun because all you read about is the game changer.I could afford one If I was so inclined,but couldn't justify it myself,but hey that's just me.so don't get butt hurt because someone else was having a little fun,the TFF is not all about being so serious and by the way I do have 2 power poles.Lighten up and enjoy the ride!

Should have sold the poles and bought a GAME CHANGER!!! Lol
Posted By: Bryanj

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/20/18 04:35 AM

I really hesitated to buy the Ultrex but pulled the trigger last week on the 112. I took it out today for the first time and fished in a 25 mph wind. Not sure if I caught any more fish but I can tell you it was VERY nice not to have to fight the wind all day. Absolutely made my time on the water more enjoyable.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/20/18 06:37 AM

This thread is actually pretty funny. I remember reading posts where some of us praised spotlock on our Terrovas and Ulterras and many of the foot control crowd talked about how they didn't need spotlock to fish. Then the Ultrex came out and all of a sudden spotlock was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just a couple of years late to the party. duel

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/20/18 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
This thread is actually pretty funny. I remember reading posts where some of us praised spotlock on our Terrovas and Ulterras and many of the foot control crowd talked about how they didn't need spotlock to fish. Then the Ultrex came out and all of a sudden spotlock was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just a couple of years late to the party. duel

Now see,HE gets it!
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/20/18 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: cephusjoe
Don’t feed the trolls!

Just go away.......
Posted By: pchapin

Re: Guess I should just quit! - 03/21/18 01:23 AM

You will still be fishing while they wait for warranty repairs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum