Texas Fishing Forum

New PB on Belton 6-9

Posted By: lucky55

New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 12:09 AM

I know this is small for a PB to most of you, but I was super happy about the whole day. I have only been fishing for a little over a year total, out of my own boat for under 4 months. So this lake has been a very hard one to learn and kicks my butt most trips. Today was like stars lined up and all the practice paid off a little. I found some fish, thought I had a good pattern going and stuck to it, whacked them all day long. 11 or 12 keepers total most on small side, but a couple 3's, four 2's, and a 6-9 made for my best day on Belton ever ! banana

Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 12:21 AM

congrats on a heck of a day! thumb

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: steve hummert
congrats on a heck of a day! thumb

Thank you. I finally know what everyone meant about tore up thumbs! Awesome day!
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 12:35 AM

thumb
Posted By: KMHendu

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 12:38 AM

Way to go. My home lake is a tough one too, Canyon Lake. Kicks my butt quite a bit. But when you have a good day on a tough lake it sure feels good. Congratulations on the personal best and may you catch another pb your next time on the lake.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: lucky55
I know this is small for a PB to most of you, but I was super happy about the whole day. I have only been fishing for a little over a year total, out of my own boat for under 4 months. So this lake has been a very hard one to learn and kicks my butt most trips. Today was like stars lined up and all the practice paid off a little. I found some fish, thought I had a good pattern going and stuck to it, whacked them all day long. 11 or 12 keepers total most on small side, but a couple 3's, four 2's, and a 6-9 made for my best day on Belton ever ! banana

thumb Days like that remind me the way belton was 10-11 years ago, size seems to be hard to come by there these days but it was was always tough in the 90's too, looking forward to when it cycles back.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 01:12 AM

Beautiful fish.
Posted By: BASS420

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 01:54 AM

How u catching them over there if u don't mind me asking. Only been over there once and got skunked. I tried cranks(not my favorite) ,drop shot,TX rig,etc. Thanks
Posted By: billyfish

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 03:06 AM

Congrats!! thumb Gotta be around Cedar Ridge area!!!!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 03:31 AM

Nice fish and Congrats on the PB! Good job. cheers
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 04:06 AM

Great job. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: billyfish

Way to go Lucky 55 !

I always like fishing Belton, never caught a PB there, but had my best days vs limit there.

Yup, looks like the Cedar Ridge area.
Many good spots over there.
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 03:06 PM

Nice job! Looks like a great time!

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing
Originally Posted By: billyfish

Way to go Lucky 55 !

I always like fishing Belton, never caught a PB there, but had my best days vs limit there.

Yup, looks like the Cedar Ridge area.
Many good spots over there.

I forgot how good some of you guys are at recognizing shore line in pictures. SSSSSSHHHHh.
I had to go out and get another boat to help me take pictures and then took fish back to its spot, so Me and Mr. Harper are only ones to know exact spot. banana

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/18/18 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. Most of what I am learning is from reading material you have provided me. You sir are a wealth of knowledge!
Posted By: Wildkow

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/19/18 01:42 AM

Nice! Still haven’t gotten to that size and I’ve been at it for 8 years!

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/19/18 11:14 PM

Thanks. Sounds like you need to come to TEXAS buddy lol_2
Posted By: NITRO Z8

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/20/18 01:19 AM

Beautiful fish and happy for ya and it sure is nice when practice pay's off. Heck of a job.
Posted By: skeeter75

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/20/18 09:53 PM

woot
Posted By: thirtysixit

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/21/18 01:01 AM

My PB is only 6-8.... To me that is an absolute HOG! Congrats my friend.
Posted By: kingfish_1970

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/21/18 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By: lucky55

My man, keep fishing Belton, and sooner or later you will tie in to a 6lb smallie!!!

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/22/18 01:56 AM

My man, keep fishing Belton, and sooner or later you will tie in to a 6lb smallie!!!

I have not caught a small mouth of any size yet! Or a stripper. My wife on the other hand, been fishing under 10 times, caught a 3.5# smallie and 5-7 stripper in same day. I'm just driving the boat and jealous lol.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: New PB on Belton 6-9 - 03/22/18 12:27 PM

So much for Zebra Mussels , nice fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum