Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork this weekend...No

Posted By: TBS

Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 03:21 PM

Since the family is out of town for spring break, my original plan was to take Friday off and fish Lake Fork all weekend. Then I learned it was the weekend of the Mega Bass Tournament, so that kind of ruined my weekend. So, change of plans. I will be sitting on the deck with the smoker fired up watching the hundreds and hundreds of boats fishing. It will still be a relaxing weekend, but I don't plan on getting on the water. Anybody else going to just be a spectator for the weekend?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: TBS
Since the family is out of town for spring break, my original plan was to take Friday off and fish Lake Fork all weekend. Then I learned it was the weekend of the Mega Bass Tournament, so that kind of ruined my weekend. So, change of plans. I will be sitting on the deck with the smoker fired up watching the hundreds and hundreds of boats fishing. It will still be a relaxing weekend, but I don't plan on getting on the water. Anybody else going to just be a spectator for the weekend?

Many lakes as good or better than Fork to fish with about the same drive.

Turn that frown upside down little fella smile

Re: Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 03:29 PM

Very True, but my RV is parked at Lake Fork. I am considering running to Tawakoni and trying to fill the freezer with some sandbass.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 03:35 PM

I sat on my deck in Big Mustang most of last weekend. Watched about 100 boats come through. It was VERY entertaining.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 03:43 PM

I'm launching my kayak from Mustang later this afternoon. Love that area

Re: Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 03:45 PM

I actually did a little fishing last weekend until the trolling motor died. There were more boats on the lake than I had seen in all the weekends of the previous two months combined. I later learned it was a combination of spring breakers and pre-fishing for this weekend.
Posted By: mavsfan

Re: Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 04:45 PM

I planned this weekend with friends working around some hand surgery. failed to notice the MB tourney until we were all booked-oh well. we will try to entertain without disrespecting. Be there in the morning. Saturday we will be on a different body of water not far away from Fork. If the line is wet, so am I.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 04:55 PM

I bet sitting on the dock and just watching people in certain creeks would be quite entertaining, especially if you have a TV on your dock with March Madness going. I bet with all this Sharelunker talk over the last 2 weeks, they will probably set a new record with Mega Bass and possibly get over the 2,000 entry mark.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
I sat on my deck in Big Mustang most of last weekend. Watched about 100 boats come through. It was VERY entertaining.

I would bet money 99.8% were fishing at a break neck pace.... And wondering WHY the weren't catching much...LOL...
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 05:08 PM

And you would be correct, Billy. Only saw two boats catch fish, and they caught some good ones. But they were methodically working 50-100 yard stretches, back and forth, and fishing very slowly. For hours on the same stretches.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 05:12 PM

I will be at Lake O' the Pines but if I stayed at Fork I would be crappie fishing from the dock... I'm just not as mad at them as I used to be.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: OzzieFish
I will be at Lake O' the Pines but if I stayed at Fork I would be crappie fishing from the dock... I'm just not as mad at them as I used to be.

I will be dunking minners all weekend off my dock Ozzy, it was slow last weekend this one should be better... fish good luck on the pines bud....
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 07:33 PM

the tournament guys are usually off the water by 3, with daylight savings time I can crappie fish from 3 til 8.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: mavsfan
I planned this weekend with friends working around some hand surgery. failed to notice the MB tourney until we were all booked-oh well. we will try to entertain without disrespecting. Be there in the morning. Saturday we will be on a different body of water not far away from Fork. If the line is wet, so am I.

haven't heard that one before lol
Posted By: buda13

Re: Lake Fork this weekend...No - 03/14/18 08:55 PM

I'm fishing the Megabass, but in years past I've made a couple of trips on Megabass weekend. We waited and launched after 2pm, the lake was a ghost town, anything you want to fish is there for the taking and surprisingly the fish were still eating after 6000 lures passed by them earlier in the day. lol.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum