Texas Fishing Forum

Conroe 3/10

Posted By: Kisndismis

Conroe 3/10 - 03/11/18 02:11 PM

We fished our club tourney yesterday out of Stowaway. Launched into light S wind, air temps 60 or so and headed S. I was with a new partner ( which worked out real great) and we were in his boat, fishing his spots and he wanted to go S. We got to first spot, 2 boats in there. I could tell right away this guy fished fast and he told me after 3rd or 4th cast "cast in front of me if you want" Want to make a point here, we see a lot of co-angler talk on here. If a guy offers this to you, make sure you can make good casts, no exceptions. I think we crossed lines only 4-5x all day and at least 3 of those one of us was hung ( can only have 1 rod at a time fishing) trust your abilities. We left first spot and started casting main lake points along bulkheads, running parallel and looking for wind blown currents. Got first 2 keepers by 740 and lots of dinks. Moved across lake to a spot he got a 5 on last week during practice, got one more and put a tag on that one. Went to another 3-4 spots w/o a bite then sun came out full force. I got another keeper in the corner of a dock and he threw back in and got a 15.5, we kept working shoreline and he sticks a sold 3.5 to finish limit ( about 12 by now) so lunch time!! We tried some rip rap along 1097, no bites, then went up N to Scotts ridge area, which is about only area I know somewhat. We passed a point spot I like and decided to hit it last on the way out. Got a to two magic docks side by side. Caught 2 small ones right away, then a solid 3.5 to cull that tagged one out, and then 2 more cullers in same area. So we culled 3 off one good dock. headed back in with 14.15, 16 or so won it we got 3rd. Baits white spinnerbaits ( 1/2) oz they did not want yellow. Shad coffin bills, and wacky. Wacky being what most caught on, color was changed 3x so presentation is what they wanted, WAAAAy underneath the docks, not the edges with the spinning rod. I hung it up at least 4x and was down to about last 25 yd of braid by the end. A 6 and a 7 came in for big bass honors.
Posted By: petro

Re: Conroe 3/10 - 03/11/18 03:04 PM

Nice!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Conroe 3/10 - 03/11/18 03:24 PM

Good report except for that 15.5 he caught under the dock. roflmao
Thanks for sharing your techniques and baits. That is awesome.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Conroe 3/10 - 03/12/18 02:00 PM

Thank you Donald 15.5 was a reference to a "short" fish like the 13.5 and 13.75s we all love so much around here!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum