Texas Fishing Forum

maxxum 101 quit! help!

Posted By: BASS420

maxxum 101 quit! help! - 03/11/18 01:29 PM

I was just cruising out of a creek to run to another spot and it just stopped working. My connections are brand new and so are my batteries I could see no obvious problems. Nothing burnt or smoking. Anyone have any ideas on what happened? Switch went bad or?? Thanks
Posted By: GROD

Re: maxxum 101 quit! help! - 03/11/18 01:37 PM

Possible fuse blown? Maybe bumped on off switch. Check the plug in area. Buy an ultrex... what I need to do!
Posted By: BASS420

Re: maxxum 101 quit! help! - 03/11/18 01:48 PM

Me and my brother installed it. Noticed no fuses. Where is the ?fuse located
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: maxxum 101 quit! help! - 03/11/18 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: BASS420
Me and my brother installed it. Noticed no fuses. Where is the ?fuse located

should be abuse on each battery cable. Check battery compartment?
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: maxxum 101 quit! help! - 03/11/18 02:38 PM

Should be a fuse on the hot wire at the battery so it wont blow. Switch on the side could be culprit too. Is there a fuse in the plug? Check that also.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: maxxum 101 quit! help! - 03/11/18 03:12 PM

When you installed the hook up to the batteries:
- You should have put a 50 amp. square block breaker on the main hot wire post, then then connect the TM hot wire to that block on the first battery.
- This block has a small button that pops out when the breaker cuts the power.
- Sometimes one will install a 30 amp. breaker that will be too week to run the motor on high for a long distance and it will POP the breaker every time.
- If you failed to put a breaker on the main lead battery post then the next week spot is the plug.
- Inside the Plug is a small clear window so you can visibly see a silver flat relay jumper. This relay is probably burnt and requires a new Plug.
- If you did not use a plug-in and wired the TM direct then your next week spot is the switch on the Foot Peddle. These switches are even bad about burning out if you leave the TM plugged in while charging the batteries over night. Always un-plug the TM to charge or if you have it wired direct make sure the speed knob is to ZERO on the Peddle or OFF position. This toggle switch may also have an OFF position on some motors; making sure it is in the OFF position while charging will stop the current traveling through out your system from getting to the Mother Board.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: maxxum 101 quit! help! - 03/11/18 03:38 PM

I carry a spare microswitch in the boat. I've had to change it on the water a few times.
Posted By: basshc

Re: maxxum 101 quit! help! - 03/22/18 11:37 AM

Ultrex
Posted By: Allison1

Re: maxxum 101 quit! help! - 03/22/18 12:50 PM

Know your equipment.

For your trolling motor look and see inside the rear where your trolling motors batteries live. Look at the battery cables going to the batteries. If there is a circuit breaker or fuses they should be mounted on one of the wires. That is the most likely culprit. Some reset themselves and others need you to push the button back in.

If you still don't have juice, just to make sure, check the motor and see if you have electricity running to it. VOM check the plug for 36 volts. If you have it at the plug you have a problem inside the trolling motor. If you don't you need to backtrack and measure voltage back towards the batteries to find where the break is.
Posted By: Dean74

Re: maxxum 101 quit! help! - 03/22/18 01:59 PM

Take the little magnetic dow out of the pedal on the bottom side and cut a piece of hard plastic (zip tie) and put it in the hole, put the dow back in, reinstall the pedal and test
Posted By: SkeeterEater

Re: maxxum 101 quit! help! - 03/22/18 03:30 PM

there is a switch or fuse in the foot pedal if I am not mistaken. I have had to replace this on my 101
Posted By: JeffLStevens

Re: maxxum 101 quit! help! - 03/22/18 05:00 PM

little square breaker box on each of the trolling motor batteries....black reset button on the side of each of them. One is tripped.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum