Posted By: jscroggins

3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/09/18 12:07 AM

Has anyone heard anything yet?
Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/09/18 01:03 AM

They were finishing up the drive and parking lot today
Posted By: neill10

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/09/18 01:20 AM

Think I heard he will be there until 7/8 tomorrow. Saturday 9-5 I think??
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/09/18 02:01 AM

It’s been a slow process.
Posted By: dawdallas

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/09/18 02:10 AM

Looking forward to going there.
Posted By: Karo

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/09/18 02:26 AM

They open tomorrow at noon according to his facebook video that he posted a couple of hours ago. Looks cool.
Posted By: Doing it for the fans since 71

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/09/18 02:28 AM

whats the scoop on this place? close to my place @ fork.
Posted By: 1bassdaddy

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/09/18 05:52 AM

I don't know anything about the store but I do know about Mickey Ellis the owner of 3:16 baits. I'm assuming he's going to be there so that in itself will be worth a visit because he's a VERY unique dude. Not to mention his baits...many of them are extraordinary.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/09/18 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: 1bassdaddy
I don't know anything about the store but I do know about Mickey Ellis the owner of 3:16 baits. I'm assuming he's going to be there so that in itself will be worth a visit because he's a VERY unique dude. Not to mention his baits...many of them are extraordinary.

So how do you know the owner? Have you known him long?
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/09/18 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: bloo_rainger

That's an understatement.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/09/18 03:28 PM

Its a grind.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/09/18 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Gamblinman

That's an understatement.

Knowing Mickey like I do, I am sure he is building it out of his pocket so that's most likely why it's taking a little longer than usual.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/09/18 07:22 PM

This guys baits sell for 100’s on eBay used they are top notch and hard to get so gonna be interesting to pay it a visit once it’s opened up.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/09/18 10:14 PM

How much can it cost to build a small shop like that........
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/10/18 01:49 PM

I wonder if he will keep any of his glide baits in stock at the store...
Posted By: Denny Crane

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/11/18 03:12 AM

I went to his SwimBait Revolution last year where we had the option of buying a glide and swim bait, shirt got to meet some SB guys from Austin, California and some rod builders that explained their movement from eyes around the blank. How to present SB's and effective techniques once everyone that wanted a bait got theirs he put up several other options, glides included. It was well worth the 50 entry for the gift bag alone. Now....
I had Mickey sign one of my shad baits that sold for $300+ on ebay. I didn't buy it to flip, and he knew I wasn't keeping it. It did provide me an option to buy the Glide and a couple others 1 that I sold for my cost to a guy that ran in as everyone was leaving making his drive from Kansas a success. Now the Glides he made that night have sold for $805 and up on ebay.... 8 Hundred U.S. Dollars.
I really like them, but have learned if you don't want your heart broke don't watch 10 ft behind one, because Giant fish will follow it and turn when it gets close to the boat..... I mean 15+'s
It's a really good thing I don't live any closer or i'd be even more broke.
d
Posted By: cali kid

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/11/18 04:12 PM

I went there Friday. Great selection of Rising Sons. I met Mickey and we had a nice conversation. I have one of his Real Deal hardbaits, the one where the jaw hinges.
The man is an incredibly talented lure maker.

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/11/18 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin

So how do you know the owner? Have you known him long?

I've been a customer since shortly after he opened his doors for business and I've owned dozens of his baits. Before most of his advertising was done on social media you could call him and he pick up the phone and talk to you about his baits. Not sure if that still happens because I haven't talked to him since he moved to Texas.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/11/18 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Denny Crane

I had Mickey sign one of my shad baits that sold for $300+ on ebay. I didn't buy it to flip, and he knew I wasn't keeping it. It did provide me an option to buy the Glide and a couple others 1 that I sold for my cost to a guy that ran in as everyone was leaving making his drive from Kansas a success. Now the Glides he made that night have sold for $805 and up on ebay.... 8 Hundred U.S. Dollars.

I fished with him twice in Cali and when we were done with our trip I asked him what I owed him and he said, "Aw man just buy some baits" so I did. I brought home a sack of hard baits, some had never been on his website. I sold four of them to one of the guys on here for what I paid for them, $40 each. He turned around & flipped them to a collector in Japan for $400 EACH!!! hammer

roflmao
Posted By: Titleist77

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/11/18 06:04 PM

Will the freestyle shad hardbaits be available in the store? They are hard to find.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/11/18 09:04 PM

They are open....Friday they were not....Saturday I believe was their first day. Did not go in but will soon make the venture in the doors with cash in hand!
Posted By: neill10

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/12/18 01:39 AM

He will have free styles this weekend from what I heard him say this weekend while I was there.
Posted By: ThatOneBigKid

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/13/18 09:03 PM

Looking forward to stopping here to check out the store when I come down from MN in April.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/14/18 06:32 PM

The swimbait season is a short window so if he didn't get open soon he would have missed this years peak season.

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/14/18 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: OzzieFish
The swimbait season is a short window so if he didn't get open soon he would have missed this years peak season.

I fish swimbaits 90% of the time year round. Smallest being 2 ounces up to 12 ounces.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/14/18 07:02 PM

I applied for a Security Guard position,..still waiting on feedback. slinger

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/14/18 09:53 PM

Swimbait season...short window?? Not so much.

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/14/18 10:09 PM

Swimbait season...short window?? Not so much.

BINGO. I just thought fishing was expensive, until I got hooked on the swimbait scene...
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/15/18 04:34 AM

Huh?

Swimbaits have been a huge seller at tackle shops the last 3 years. I think a lot use them with good results almost year round.

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/15/18 07:38 PM

Been slinging swimbaits since 2000 and I have been fortunate enough to catch DD in eight of the twelve months. I've caught fish over eight pounds in two of the other months.
And I can promise you I buy them, including 3:16 baits, all year round!
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/15/18 07:40 PM

I have a big swimbait on my deck or rod locker at all times.
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/15/18 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Huh?

Swimbaits have been a huge seller at tackle shops the last 3 years. I think a lot use them with good results almost year round.

SSSSSSSHHHHHH Mark. They only work for a couple weeks a year...

Re: 3:16 Swimbait Store - 03/15/18 09:50 PM

Been slinging swimbaits since 2000 and I have been fortunate enough to catch DD in eight of the twelve months. I've caught fish over eight pounds in two of the other months.
And I can promise you I buy them, including 3:16 baits, all year round!

Well said!! 8 of my 11 DD fish have come on a 6" or larger swimbait. As stated earlier, I throw them 90% of the time year around. You might say I'm a swimbait junkie..!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum