Texas Fishing Forum

Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS!

Posted By: RpRanger520

Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 02:06 PM

Finally get to take the boat out for some fishing this weekend for the first time this year and trying to decide whether to go to Hubbard Creek or Ivie. Know both lakes pretty well but haven't fished either in about a year so I was hoping to get some info on how the fishing was at either one to maybe help me decide. Went up to Hubbard last spring and caught ALOT of 2-3's so im leaning toward going up there, but given the time of year Im tempted to go for the monster at Ivie. Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 02:38 PM

To early for Ivie, first week of may there.

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 02:56 PM

Ok, thanks for the tip. Im leaning more toward Hubbard, but theres always in the back of my mind catching the big girls coming up at Ivie! haha
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 03:18 PM

hubbard creek has giants in it. But I do love Ivie
Posted By: Savage243

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 03:37 PM

There were three "new rules" share lunkers caught on Ivie this past weekend......
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 03:55 PM

Rumors of 2 eleven's out of Ivie

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 03:57 PM

See that's why im having such a hard time with this decision!! Haha... I know I can catch fish at hubbard and ive been skunked at ivie several times, but ive also gone and caught a bunch.

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 04:34 PM

Concho park reported two 11's this weekend but I know he caught an 8 and 10 or something like that. I fished a kayak tourney there Saturday and the stringers were pretty nice.

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Savage243
Concho park reported two 11's this weekend but I know he caught an 8 and 10 or something like that. I fished a kayak tourney there Saturday and the stringers were pretty nice.

Is the lake up enough to get a boat up into concho again? Last time I was there you couldn't really get around there.

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 05:45 PM

I did not see the ramp myself. There seemed to be quite a few boats coming from that direction though.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 05:48 PM

Love me some Ivie time!!

Its worth it to me just to know I have a shot at that quality of fish.

HC is a great lake, but I Ivie has always had bigger fish
Posted By: bassinbiker

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 05:56 PM

Yes, you can launch from Concho and Elm Creek ramps.

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 06:17 PM

Ok, well then I think Ivie it is! Haha... Got to thinking about it and this is the time of year Ivie is better and gets TOUGH the rest of the year for the most part in my experience, and Hubbard isn't usually as tough throughout the year. So Im gonna go see if I can catch one of them big girls moving up on Saturday at Ivie! Anyone been recently that doesn't mind sharing some info, please pm me! Thanks all!
Posted By: Dosser

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 06:52 PM

I fished in the kayak tournament as well this past Saturday. 1st place had a 25" 9.5lb and a 23.5" 8lb. Some anglers stayed all weekend and one caught a 10.7 on Sunday. We had 86 kayak anglers show up and caught 172 fish for a total of 2736" on Saturday
Posted By: needmofish

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 06:54 PM

Anyone know the water temperature ?
Posted By: Dosser

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 07:01 PM

It was 56-59 Ivie main lake on Saturday
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 10:05 PM

Hubbard creek is gona be feast or famine...

Id go to ivie, but i know it better so tough comparison
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/06/18 10:42 PM

Concho will say anything to get someone to come over there, it's bad when locals from there go around to Jerry's to eat. As far as the lake itself, water temp is 57 and a few fish to be caught but it's still not great.
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/10/18 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By: 21xs Elite

Concho will say anything to get someone to come over there, it's bad when locals from there go around to Jerry's to eat. As far as the lake itself, water temp is 57 and a few fish to be caught but it's still not great.

When is the perfect time IYO? I know you live on that lake. I was gonna head that way next week for a day or 2 and then again in April.

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/10/18 11:28 AM

Chris, I caught a few fish yesterday and the water temp is still 56-58. I'd say the next few weeks it will turn on, it's typical Ivie,
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/10/18 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: 21xs Elite
Chris, I caught a few fish yesterday and the water temp is still 56-58. I'd say the next few weeks it will turn on, it's typical Ivie,

Thanks.

I still may head out there for a day or so to get away from the wife and kids smile
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/10/18 11:44 PM

Never a bad time to be on Ivie. Right now is the time to be whacking a big bag out there.

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/10/18 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Josh Seale
Never a bad time to be on Ivie. Right now is the time to be whacking a big bag out there.

I had 20lbs today, solid fish but no big ones yet Josh. Had a 7-1/2 last week and some good keepers to go with it. Lake is dropping and it's just a little bit early for the majority of them big water heifers.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/12/18 01:04 PM

I’m coming over Thursday to take a buddy of mine out. Haven’t been on lake since media last year. Hoping to run into one or two.
Posted By: DustBass

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/12/18 02:18 PM

How about Hubbard? Any lake info, Temp, water condition, anyone catching em...?

I'm trying to figure the best lake to head to out of Ft. Worth..
Posted By: Big hoss

Re: Hubbard Creek or OH Ivie this weekend? Any info? THANKS! - 03/14/18 01:45 AM

Hubbard is pretty good right now and fixing to get even better in the next few weeks temperatures are 58-62 right now you can catch fish between 2-12 ft of water right now
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum