Texas Fishing Forum

Fork tomorrow!

Posted By: BASS420

Fork tomorrow! - 03/03/18 11:38 AM

Hey guys. I'm going for the second time ever to fork on Sunday. Yall gave me excellent advice last time. And the conditions were similar to now. Now I need y'all's help again. Are the gates open,heard that they were. Is the water muddy? Any advice on where the clear water is if so? I don't have all day to run around and find it. We rented a nineteen footer for the day while my boat is in the shop. Me and my brother are just looking for some mamas. I had been told that glade is an early spawn area last time. We caught an eight lb slot fish In there so I'm sure we will run in there. But any advice on just what to do to catch some decent fish would b helpful. Thanks

Re: Fork tomorrow! - 03/03/18 02:44 PM

I know someone has some kind of tips. There are no tourneys tomorrow so no reason to be reserved about info. Just trying to have fun and get our money worth out of a boat rental by not wasting time running around looking for productive water. Thanks
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Fork tomorrow! - 03/03/18 02:56 PM

there's a bunch of fork info on here. try the search button.

Re: Fork tomorrow! - 03/03/18 08:26 PM

Can't find any recent reports that's why I asked. Already been looking on the search.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Fork tomorrow! - 03/03/18 08:52 PM

Well a 15 pounder was caught yesterday in less than 8 feet of water. Pre-spawn mode. I'd stay shallow most of the day and hit secondary points, flats, grass, and any little ditches you can find leading into the spawning flats. Up north may be a little muddier but they're gonna move up. You just had the full moon two days ago. I'd fish moving baits like red traps, spinner baits, chatter baits until you run into a fish or two. Then slow down and work that area. Staging areas should be productive right now just about anywhere you go. Find the warmest clearest water or any grass you can find and get to work. If moving baits don't get it done, try a senko until you hit a few. Jigs and swim baits can get your arm broke if you're in the right place at the right time. I like the east side of the lake but Fork is a monster anywhere you go. Good luck!

Re: Fork tomorrow! - 03/04/18 06:03 AM

Thanks fivebites. I appreciate the info. Unlike the other 653 people who saw my post. Can't believe that many people looked and didn't give their two cents. Oh well. Time to fish. Talking don't catch fish.thanks to all.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Fork tomorrow! - 03/04/18 06:06 AM

Good luck
Posted By: Dteebone0427

Re: Fork tomorrow! - 03/04/18 12:32 PM

Drove in from south Louisiana, fished yesterday afternoon and found fish in 5ft subtly drops. Caught them all on lipless cranks and KVD 2.5 crawfish red. We had 9 fish in 3 hours weighing from about 2 lbs and had one 5.5 and 7lb football loaded.
Posted By: redmojo

Re: Fork tomorrow! - 03/04/18 05:13 PM

lol I'm sure all 653 that viewed your post haven't fished Fork lately. Maybe they were interested in a pattern for free as well. It's spring time, beat up the shallows and you will catch some fish.
Just get in line behind the thousand other boats and fish slow.

Re: Fork tomorrow! - 03/04/18 11:23 PM

We caught ten today. All on watermelon chartreuse mag lizards.In five foot of water or less. Thanks to everyone that gave advice. Especially Kevin at LFT! Not afraid to show us some spots from his graph where he caught or get up early to come to the store so we could get some last minute stuff. Great guy. Yall have a good one
Posted By: Chaparro75

Re: Fork tomorrow! - 03/08/18 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By: redmojo
lol I'm sure all 653 that viewed your post haven't fished Fork lately. Maybe they were interested in a pattern for free as well. It's spring time, beat up the shallows and you will catch some fish.
Just get in line behind the thousand other boats and fish slow.

Is it really that bad? I was thinking of going out there on the 16 of March.
Posted By: spro

Re: Fork tomorrow! - 03/08/18 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: BASS420
We caught ten today. All on watermelon chartreuse mag lizards.In five foot of water or less. Thanks to everyone that gave advice. Especially Kevin at LFT! Not afraid to show us some spots from his graph where he caught or get up early to come to the store so we could get some last minute stuff. Great guy. Yall have a good one

What part of the lake did you find the fish? Only fished Fork once a few years ago. Going Sunday
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Fork tomorrow! - 03/08/18 03:30 PM

Fish just like you would if the water wasn't muddy and the gates were closed. It's the same pattern either way, just might need to change colors or add a rattle. Do the same thing you did last year.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Fork tomorrow! - 03/08/18 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: BASS420

Missed your update, glad you had a great time, come back in the summer.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum