Texas Fishing Forum

Tips on where to fish Palestine next weekend?

Posted By: Fisherman13

Tips on where to fish Palestine next weekend? - 03/03/18 09:45 AM

Never been to Lake Palestine before. Going there next weekend rain or shine. What coves would be good to hit up to get out of the wind and put a few in the boat?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Tips on where to fish Palestine next weekend? - 03/03/18 10:45 AM

I am pretty sure kickapoo and flat are common knowledge around here.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Tips on where to fish Palestine next weekend? - 03/03/18 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Fisherman13
Never been to Lake Palestine before. Going there next weekend rain or shine. What coves would be good to hit up to get out of the wind and put a few in the boat?

Well if you have never been there, it depends on your boat. Palestine stumps are rough on fiberglass. Especially flat creek and up north. That being said, with water up you can launch in Kickapoo and fish tons of water. That's the best option.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Tips on where to fish Palestine next weekend? - 03/03/18 11:10 AM

Use the search function on here for Palestine. Lots and lots of recent threads. Never been, your best bet would be to launch at Palestine Resort and fish in Ledbetter and Highsaw creeks and save your fiberglass.
Posted By: Bassinamped

Re: Tips on where to fish Palestine next weekend? - 03/05/18 02:26 PM

Man the fishing up north in Kickapoo and Cades should be really good right now but as stated you can launch at Kickapoo but I personally have heard lots of horror stories about that ramp of people’s trucks getting broken into and holes punched into fuel tanks of trucks. I like to launch at westberry RV park off of 2661. It’s a $5 fee but it’s secure and usually not crowded. You can run the power lines from there to the island then idle around and run the power lines all the the way to the west side of you want to fish Kickapoo or cades. Stay pretty close to the lines when running. Other than the power lines I would not run anything else if you don’t want a fiberglass or lower unit repair bill. Doesn’t take too long to idle up through cades and lots of great fishing super shallow there. Water will be murky but fish are there. Don’t be afraid to pull the trolling motor up as far as it will go and stir up mud. Spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, tx rig and flukes/senko will get you bit. Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum