Texas Fishing Forum

Persuader Crankbaits

Posted By: kingfish_1970

Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 05:14 AM

When I joined this forum a few years ago, these cranks were all the rage. Anybody still using them?
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 05:34 AM

that was more than a few years ago. I still have one but have never thrown it.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 05:38 AM

He made a few for different guys with their names on them. I have one he made that has my wife’s and my name on it and our wedding date. We were married in 2005 if that tells you how far back it was. He put in in a small display case.

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 05:43 AM

Me too, SENKO9S. I just sent my spring craw to my cousin, who's about to fish BASS CHAMPS on Rayburn next weekend. Maybe it will bring him some luck.

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 05:51 AM

you are the first person in all these years that hasn't called me senko95. thanks for getting it right, there's a meaning to it. cheers

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 05:53 AM

Isn’t Senko9s the Christmas Tree color? Or at least all these years I thought it was

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 05:56 AM

not a color, a run.

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 06:03 AM

SENKO9S, I remember you posted a pic of my newborn son 10 years ago. Hope all has been well with you.
K.D., how have you been in all these years since we fished together?

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 06:09 AM

I’ve been great. That was probably 2008 or so on Lake Fork. Wasn’t it during a take a soldier fishing event?

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 06:24 AM

It was 06. Yes it was a Take a Soldier Fishing event. Haven't been on Fork since. Haven't fished much since either.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S
not a color, a run.

9S was the four inch senko trial that Mr. Yamamoto put into mass production?
Posted By: cantcatch5

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 06:07 PM

were they a shallow diving coffin billed crankbait? Handmade and painted with flat sides? I have some of those that I have never thrown and one that I caught a ton of fish on but haven’t thrown in years. I don’t know why I quit throwing it.

Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 09:41 PM

Think it was Rick Bedford. Possibly. Long time ago. He rose up quickly to only falter quickly. Could have been a nice company. I think persuader baits or some company with the name already, made him shut it down
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 11:08 PM

Ronnie, it was Rick Bedford. He did not shut down because of the litigation Persuader Baits was threatening, although it did cost him some money and time.
I met up with Rick and his wife at the '07 Classic and became his sales rep. and he just became overwhelmed with all the orders, he bought a new house with a big shop to try and keep up, then had marital problems at the same time. He tried to hire some high schoolers to help him with the baits and never could get caught up, still owes me money, but he just lost interest when his wife finally left him and he shut it down.
I had a box with about 60 of his baits that was stolen at my place on Fork when they stole all my stuff back around 2010 or 11, so if you run across a box with a lot of them in it at a pawn shop or flea market, think about me!
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/02/18 11:21 PM

Wasn't half the forum on his "pro staff" or am I thinking about some other crankbait maker? LOL

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/03/18 12:40 AM

You'll have to ask Gary.

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/03/18 12:41 AM

Flat sided coffin billed. Came in different depths
Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/03/18 01:38 AM

I still have several of those lures. Great lures and great guy. Last couple orders from him they sank like a rock for me and several others and then he disappeared. To bad

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/03/18 05:03 AM

I'll buy any that are for sale, even though I have never fished one.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/03/18 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: JCBfromTHF
Wasn't half the forum on his "pro staff" or am I thinking about some other crankbait maker? LOL

Yes they were

Similar to the Hendrick Rods back in the day

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/04/18 02:55 AM

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/04/18 03:02 AM

Was never impressed with the body not tapering.
Posted By: cantcatch5

Re: Persuader Crankbaits - 03/04/18 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S
you are the first person in all these years that hasn't called me senko95. thanks for getting it right, there's a meaning to it. cheers

There is a guy on this post asking about a bait that has senko9s on the bottom of it.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...ankbaits#UNREAD
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum