Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird Solix Configuration Question

Posted By: bcg

Humminbird Solix Configuration Question - 02/27/18 04:23 AM

Does it make sense to buy the Humminbird Solix with Mega SI and DI for the front of the boat if you can't use the transducer on the trolling motor because of the distortion of the SI and DI when using the trolling motor? Should you just buy the Solix Mega chirp instead and link it to another Solix at the console with Mega SI and DI and use that transducer on the transom?
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Humminbird Solix Configuration Question - 02/27/18 04:56 AM

What is your experience using Humminbird Side Imaging?
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: Humminbird Solix Configuration Question - 02/27/18 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: bcg
Does it make sense to buy the Humminbird Solix with Mega SI and DI for the front of the boat if you can't use the transducer on the trolling motor because of the distortion of the SI and DI when using the trolling motor? Should you just buy the Solix Mega chirp instead and link it to another Solix at the console with Mega SI and DI and use that transducer on the transom?

The distortion that I'm familiar with, being a humminbird user, is from using the incorrect DI transducer. The DI units, helix and core units, come with a transom transducer that you need to mail back to humminbird for their exchange program. They will provide you the correct trolling motor specific DI transducer, and that has eliminated all interference. I had a 1199, SI unit, on my bow once and never got interference using the HDSI transducer on the trolling motor. Of course I always run direct power to my units, straight to the battery.
Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: Humminbird Solix Configuration Question - 02/27/18 04:58 PM

Get either Sonar or DI for the bow and the SI at the console. You will need to be moving (fairly straight) for the SI to get a good picture. Really depends on how you fish and what you fish for.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Humminbird Solix Configuration Question - 02/27/18 05:03 PM

I have a SI/DI transducer attached to a Solix on the trolling motor and it has zero interference while the trolling motor runs. Like DEFMP, it's wired straight to the cranking battery.
Posted By: GODSDOZER

Re: Humminbird Solix Configuration Question - 02/27/18 05:35 PM

I have a Solix SI/DI transducer attached to my terrova and it has amazing picture quality and zero interference. Both of my solix units are wired direct to the cranking battery and using the supplied ferrite choke connected to my onboard charger and cranking battery.
Posted By: bcg

Re: Humminbird Solix Configuration Question - 02/27/18 08:50 PM

Thank you all for your feedback. It sounds like I can exchange my solix transducer it comes with and get the correct trolling motor transducer with SI and DI and if I hard wire directly to the battery, which I plan to do, everything should work.

I currently have a 997 SI/DI on the trolling motor and it does get distorted when I run trolling motor, but I still use it a lot while fishing mostly in deeper water, so I would like to use SI an DI with the Solix as well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum